Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Extended Warranty

Old 09-23-2002, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

So with all the problems I see on this site re S2000, is it worth taking up extended warranty to 5 years. It seems some states have better warranty claims than other.Are there many of you out there with extended warranty?.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:50 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have it, but I bought before the price rise. I have to say that if the experiences of our friends in QLD and VIC are anything to go by the standard warranty (let alone the extended) aren't worth the paper they are printed on.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:50 PM

My car will be three years old next month (Oct) and I have received the letter from Honda Australia offering the extended warranty for $1750.

However, I can't make up my mind whether to extend the warranty or not! Any helpful suggestions/discussion will be appreciated.

As I've already replaced the clutch I don't anticipate any further problems there and everything else seems strong and reliable. The worst case scenario would be a blown engine at around $20,000 (I guess). However, a premium of $900 per year to cover a $20,000 risk is a bit expensive.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-23-2002, 07:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danprice
[B]My car will be three years old next month (Oct) and I have received the letter from Honda Australia offering the extended warranty for $1750.

However, I can't make up my mind whether to extend the warranty or not! Any helpful suggestions/discussion will be appreciated.

As I've already replaced the clutch I don't anticipate any further problems there and everything else seems strong and reliable. The worst case scenario would be a blown engine at around $20,000 (I guess).
Old 09-23-2002, 08:01 PM

Under normal circumstances $900 premium for $20,000 it would be considered high, but judging by the fact that this engine can give trouble from whatever reason then I would consider it a worthwhile investment. But the other issue is whether they would covedr the warranty as in dhess case.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:22 PM

Guys, based on current issues and after talking to numerous dealers in QLD/NSW/VIC there is a simple answer to extended warranty:

If you are in QLD - NOOOOOO WAYYYYYYY

If you are in NSW - Maybe

If you are in VIC - Probably

It seems the closer you are to head office, the better the customer service ???

Although, I have just heard that another S2000 engine has blown on the Gold Coast and Honda Aus AGAIN are not covering this person under warranty. I will make a few calls and confirm.

So maybe the answer should be NO TO ALL !!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 08:38 PM

Extended warranties are not worth the paper they written on.

You may as well wipe your arse with the peice of paper they write it on.

A culture of denying every legitimate but expensive warranty claim is rampant in Honda Australia's ranks.

As said by an American owner "It appears that Australian Honda dealers have learned the fine art of screwing their customers just like US dealers."
Old 09-23-2002, 08:54 PM

Sounds like you need a lawyer....
Old 09-23-2002, 11:02 PM

dhess guess what? That Honda Aus Qld service manager, that we all love, has approved something under warranty before !!!!! are you surprised!!!!!!

He approved a gearbox oil change to Chris L's car to fix the 2nd gear grind problem !!!!
Old 09-24-2002, 12:01 AM

I'll be fvcked!

Wonders never cease.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty