Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Exhaust

Old 03-31-2005, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Hey guys,

Only had my car a few weeks now but really miss the sound of Vtec with a nice exhaust. Was just wondering if anyone has changed there exhausts and what would you guys recommend. Dont want to lose any power. Can I just change both mufflers leaving the std piping?

Thanks.

Andrew
Old 03-31-2005, 03:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got the Hitech exhaust. I really love the sound.

I had a Kakimoto single for a while and it was unbearable.

There have been a few HKS Hipers around recently and these sound pretty good too.

With any of these you won't lose or gain a noticable amount of power regardless of what the marketing brochures say.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:06 PM

If you get something really lightweight it'll feel like you've gained power. Apparently the stock s2k exhaust is really heavy? Someone's nearly crushed them or something... Aus?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:16 PM

Stock weighs 25Kg. My Kakimoto single weighed 9.5Kg. Unless you go for some exotic (read: expensive) material you won't get much better than that. And I doubt you will notice it. Even 15Kg is about 1% of the total weight of the car wet.

Maybe lop off the mufflers and have a couple of leightweight bazookas fitted. You'll get the look, the sound, and save some weight for less than $600.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:19 PM

Missing the sound of Vtec???
Remove the lid from the air filter box.
You will lose some power by doing this but i'm sure you'll like the sound of the filter when vtec hits....
Old 03-31-2005, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the replies guys...... I might wait till after the cruise and have a listen to a few cars and see which sounds the best. How much did the exhausts cost if you dont mind me asking? Re the Vtec sound.... I had a Gen3 CRX with a 2.5" exhast, Rampod airfilter and Hondata computer system. Sounded so sweet. Especially up high. If you drove it sensibly down low it didnt sound to loud which was good. The cops thought differently of course. I once got pulled over and the cop told me he "heard" how fast I was going..... nearly pissed myself laughing.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:57 PM

Mine was $1700 originally but I bought it second hand. If I drive sensibly it is quite mild but I only have to mash the throttle and it's pretty grunty.

I got abused the other day by a couple crossing the road with their dogs. I turned into the street and accelerated mildly. They heard me from about 60m away and hurried across the road. As I past them she said something to the effect of "Slow down maniac". The strange thing was she had already cross the road, got to her car and opened the door between hearing me and me passing them. I was doing less than 50kph!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a HKS on mine back in the UK, it is a great sound but there is a significant booming at around 4k rpm, enough to be quite annoying on a long drive.

Quite a few people in the UK (check out the UK forum) have gone for the Amuse Titanium which has a more refined sound and less boom IIRC. Not sure if you can source them here though or what the price would be.

- Adam
Old 03-31-2005, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Apr 1 2005, 12:57 PM
Mine was $1700 originally but I bought it second hand. If I drive sensibly it is quite mild but I only have to mash the throttle and it's pretty grunty.

I got abused the other day by a couple crossing the road with their dogs. I turned into the street and accelerated mildly. They heard me from about 60m away and hurried across the road. As I past them she said something to the effect of "Slow down maniac". The strange thing was she had already cross the road, got to her car and opened the door between hearing me and me passing them. I was doing less than 50kph!
Lucky you didn't have your Kakimoto on... She would've had a heart attack!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:51 PM

Try Fujisubo, sound good when hits VTEC and very quite in the low rev. If that 's not enough, then change the air intake.

Quick Reply: Exhaust