Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Elfin Hell!

Old 12-07-2005, 02:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Elfin Hell!

Just got back from Melb and our day out with Elfin. Had an absolute blast with Cashout and Tafka ripping around the countryside and burning rubber.

I only took photos after the drive when we toured the factory but the others have a lot more stuff to add.

And there is a virtual prize for guessing who this is:
Old 12-07-2005, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read a review that brocky did on these cars.

Aparently they've added power assisted brakes since. He also mentioned he kept bashing his right elbow on the side of the car when steering. What's the good word Aus, cashout, and tafka?

Cashout, did you place an order?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:32 AM

The right sill is a bit awkward but they are addressing it and other faults. The car is a torque monster. It has heavy unassisted steering and a brake pedal you have to stamp but handles amazingly well. I never felt over the limit and hit top speeds of 180Kph effortlessly. It still had heaps left, but I didn't.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:34 AM

The car is bloody fantastic!!!!

Bill warned us that the traction control was disabled for whatever reason but Aus and I thought it was just fine. After all, aren't all take offs meant to be done spinning the wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd? And isn't a squiggly the correct way to do any intersection turn??

The have added power assist to the front brakes but Mr.MyPadsLastMe6TrackDaysOnTheS2000 wouldn't shut up about how much work it was to engage the brakes. I on the other hand, found them to work in the same way as the Smart's (won't start braking until the pedal is all the way down and you modulate with pressure not pedal travel) so I was in my element.

The steering is heavy under 40KPH and a real shocker the first time you try to pull out of a parking garage. You do hit your elbow a lot at the beginning but after an hour or so you get the hang of it and it is not too bad.

The Lowie Pulling factor IS FULLY HECTICK -- HARD!! (like Vuey would say). Heck, everybody looks at the car and gets that "Gotta get me one of them racers" look in their faces, even pedestrians stop at the Zebra crossings! (Although me revving it hard may have had something to do with that). Like the two guys at the coffe stop who stood there speechless and not blinking for a good part of the 15 min coffe stop.

I didn't place an order but cheekyly said to the saleswoman: "Help me spread the word about my new business and you'll be bringing forth the date I place an order!" I'll let the two bloodhound single guys that were with me share what kind of order they'd would place if they want to..

Got some footage but won't be editing it until later today. Then it will be on Aus to host it...

In the mean time here are some pics. Aus managed to have that "boy in a candy store" grin in every picture!

Old 12-07-2005, 12:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a fun day. I dont think they would have had me along with my PRB connections.

Interested to know how many they have under construction and what proportion of them are going overseas.

Chris
Old 12-07-2005, 12:36 PM

Is that a S2000 mirror???
Old 12-07-2005, 12:39 PM

I couldn't say, although they were very open about their factory and production. They also mentioned that the steering rack was UK sourced and ambidexturous.

The blue car is the golden master from which they are taking the production moulds and there were about 5 streamliners in various states of construction.

That said, the words Lotus and PRB were definitely dirty words.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by dbzerk,Dec 8 2005, 07:36 AM

Is that a S2000 mirror???
In a word, no.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:47 PM

Where exactly did you drive?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 PM

Up some mountain behind Sunbury. Macedon?

Quick Reply: Elfin Hell!