Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

comprehensive insurance

Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comprehensive insurance

My story basically goes like this... I've been with VERO for past three years and never had to make a claim. Now soon after i set up the insurance policy i got done for +30km/hr (91 in 60 they got me) speeding and i got a one mth suspension. Fast forward to now where i need to set up a new insurance policy for my new S2K. I decided just in case to tell them bout my suspension now 3 yrs back wich i had never informed them of ever. At first they gave me the insurance and once they heard that they refused it.

So... im stuck now... i can get a policy from another insurer albiet a slightly higher premium but still reasonable and not tell them bout my suspension and hope to god i have no horrific accident or damage in the next 2 yrs.

OR jus get no compo at all for two yrs and get maybe quiktrak or something??
wat do u guys think?? any suggestions for a insurance company that will cover a 26yr old if they had suspension within last 5 yrs?!?!

Thanks guys..
Old 07-27-2005, 12:39 AM

so u got suspended 3 years ago?
is the question the insurance companies ask "...in the last 3years", or "..the last 5 years". i cant remember.
anyway, u might want to check around, but some insurance companies only ask whether u have had an accident, but most will ask whether u have had ur licence suspended. u might be up the creek without the paddle my friend.
live and learn
Old 07-27-2005, 12:53 AM

yeeh.. i thought it was gon be three yrs as well.. but nah several of them asked in last 5 yrs.... geeesh..

maybe i should jus wing it with quiktrak for the next two yrs.. i think install bout $2000 and bout $360 or so every yr there on in...

And then drive really safely to not crash it or anything..

hmmm.. any other views guys??
Old 07-27-2005, 01:11 AM

how much is insurance asking u. what about just cars as a last resort.
quiktrak isnt going to help u when u get hit by an uninsured driver, or if a errant shopping trolley runs into ur car
Old 07-27-2005, 01:27 AM

have you try JUST CARS ? They insure young driver and modified cars..Surely they'll consider your suspension.

I've only driven a car without proper insurance, and it wasnt a good feeling driving or parking...geessh, the constant uneasy feeling.

and Be honest
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 AM

ALso check out some of the companies that give on-line quotes. That way you get to see what questions they ask (eg last 3 yrs, 5yrs etc) without having to give your name.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:23 AM

Both just cars and NRMA only ask if you've had a claim, not if you've been booked or suspended so they'd be your best bet. I'm only 24 and NRMA are quoting me online for $2390 with an accident listed in the last five years so really you should be fine provided you dont live in macquarie fields
Old 07-27-2005, 04:04 AM

AustBlue, what suburb do u register your car in? NRMA quoted me (25yo) $5000+ registered in Marrickville NSW. Thats with 65% NCB and perfect driving record. Geezzz.. I must live in the worst suburb for car insurance.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bobble,Jul 27 2005, 10:04 PM
Geezzz.. I must live in the worst suburb .
I just got an online quote and listed camden. Do you have a holiday house that you can list as your primary res?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:33 AM

Shit that is bad.. I am currently paying approx $2390 for my insurance through just car with a recent accident and imperfect driving record living in Templestowe VIC. You must be living next door to the most prolific car thief in Australia.

Quick Reply: comprehensive insurance