Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Coilover Review

Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilover Review

Getting coilover for my car and I'm getting mixed review for numbers of coilover.

Can anyone just give a review of their own coilover? especially ppl that track their car.

I was tossing between bilstein pss9 or KW v3 but yeah I would like to hear ppl's thought about these 2 coilovers and maybe other brands.

Thanks

Erik
Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 AM

Im interested in peoples review too, im still currently looking and waiting for at least one other person to review these Fightex Dual Adjust (DA) and/or the Fightex Expert (EX), from http://todaracingusa.com/category?section=...ct&cid=15&id=74

For the s2k to have better handling, i think you have to look at the high end coilovers or else you're degrading your handling with the cheaper coilovers, or if its the same... you have to think is it worth a $1000-2000 lowering.

But now im contemplating between a turbo/sc or coilovers.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:17 PM

i have T1R b max on my car atm. So far so good. My car is quite low and these are pretty comfy.

There are plenty of reviews on them on these forums if your interested.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 AM

i just ordered Tein Mono Flex with EDFC from japan, this coilovers have really good review.... btw Mad828 has a Buddy club coilovers and he gave me a ride that was a very good and firm ride as well.

my friend has a Bilstein PSS9 on his BMW 330CI and it was really good as well..

so its up to you, i choose Tein coz of the EDFC
Old 11-17-2007, 05:38 PM

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I've purchased a set of Bilstein PSS9.

Hopefully it's good.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd love the EDFC.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the EDFC is a luxury, I have changed my 15 way settings about 5 times. You find a setting that work well on the road and you stick to it. Mine are set on 5 fr, 5 rr.

The stock shocks are still amazing for being quite firm whilst absorbing bumps better than any coilover.

Coilovers just plant the car much more, and inspires confidence, especially with the back end.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

EDFC is a gadget. A gadget I want.

I bit of background info: Coilover refers to the shock and spring coil being one component with the coil over the shock as opposed to separate components. The car comes standard with coilovers.

The advantage of aftermarket coilovers is different spring rates, damper rates which are adjustable and changeable ride height.

I am sure there are products out there that are not as good as the stock coilovers. Very few have the external reservoirs for example. But the fact is when you replace old OEMs with new coilovers that set you back a couple of grand or more they are going to feel better.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:06 AM

ive been reading ppl with coilovers and having hard time adjusting the rear of the driver side shock, thats why i prefer the EDFC where on normal day i can cruize with the softest settings and if i want to go fast cornering i can set it to the hardest without opening bonnet and boot. the only reason im getting coilovers is because of i need to lower my car with my new 18" other than that im very happy with the stock one.

AusS2000 if im not wrong the PSS9 have reservoirs?

Mad828 you were right about your damper settings on your s2k, its not to bumpy and its not to soft either, if Buddyclubs has EDFC i probably would get the same one as yours

anyway as Aus said i do to love gadgets.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:27 AM

PSS9 have external resevoirs for the rear shocks only.

It was a tough decision between PSS9 and KW V3 but yeah decided to try PSS9.

I used Tein Flex before (Monoflex might be better) on my other car and I hated it, it was way too hard for me.

Quick Reply: Coilover Review