Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Clutch Prob ???

Old 08-15-2003, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Prob ???

Hi everyoune, don't know if it's serious or if anyone has experienced this yet. When I acellerate the clutch pedle pops down ifself. Is this from warn clutch?? Need help, just a bit worried. Thanks
Old 08-16-2003, 12:20 AM

What do you mean by pops? Can you explain what is happening a little better?

Is the pedal popping in a certain amount and then just staying there? Does it move relative to your pressure on the accelerator? Is the clutch slipping as this is happening or is it completely engaging the clutch?
Old 08-16-2003, 04:27 AM

Ok when I accelerate the clutch pops in like I pressed it quarter of the way and then pops back to normal. It's like I had an invisible feet pressing into the clutch 1/4 of the way, but nothing happens to the rev or anything. It's wierd.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You could "possibly" have the following:
-air in clutch system
-clutch bleed valve not fully tightened
-fluid level in master cylinder too low
-clutch fluid has been infiltrated with too much water

Likely solution: Flush and bleed the clutch fluid.

To help: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=118878

***This assumes your clutch is stock and has not been altered in any way.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:56 AM

Thanks heaps Xviper. My clutch is stock and hasn't been altered in any way. Once I save up I need to replace the clutch and hopefully get a lighten flywheel. The clutch is buzzing like hell and my warranty ran out, I might get the extended warranty but I'm having a bit of [problem with my local Honda service, I might have to take them to court. They didn't install my roof properly when they were replacing my rear window under warranty (3 months ago when I had warranty) and that caused the roof to rip because the roof wasn't in the center leaving one side to be tight and the other one to be loose. It got worst over time and it cause the loose side to rip because of extra movement and rubbing when the top is in the process of being putdown. Now my local honda said they can't do anything because the car is out of warranty but my argument is that it doesn't matter, it's the service department's fault for not fitting the top properly the first place.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:31 PM

When I had my Honda dealer carry out the clutch tsb I made sure it was clear that if there was a problem caused by the repair that it would be covered even though it was out of warranty.

Ring your dealer anonymously and ask what their policy is regarding warranty on their work, they should have a seperate policy for labour and parts.

If they changed your oil and left the sump bolt out, new car warranty would have nothing to do with it at all.

Good luck.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That's what I don't understand. People offer a warranty and then expect it to negate any normal service quality issues or consumer rights.

If they do something and it stuffs something else up or stuffs itself in an unreasonable period of time they are liable. Tell'em where to stick their warranty.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would check your crank end float. If the crank is moving backward in the block is could push on the clutch fork and pull fluid into the slave and therefore master cylinder. ( the S2000 uses a pull clutch diaphragm rather than the normal push type)

Put a screwdriver behind the crank pulley and ease it forwards, then use a soft block of wood to try and push it back. It shouldnt move more than 0.5mm. ( Dont use too much force).

Also, have a look at your slave cylinder and make sure its attached firmly.

Speedracer.