Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Clutch engagement level issue

Old 01-30-2011, 01:58 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Comes in little bottles and will last a few flushes.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do$tylz, if your still trying to figure this out, look where the clutch pedal meets the master cylinder (under the dash). there will be a small shaft that goes into a cylinder, if there is any clutch fluid where they meet the seals in your master cylinder are gone. Even if it is only a tiny bit of fluid it's no good.
If this is the case, be sure to replace both the master and slave cylinder as when one goes the other wont be far behind.
I had mine done buy my Honda dealer, I was on a road time and couldn't do it myself. They only slugged me about $400 bucks
Old 02-14-2011, 02:24 AM

How many Km's on your car?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:17 PM

Must be something in the air for the black/black 2000/2001 models this month - my master cylinder had to be replaced yesterday (67kms) $400.

On Friday noticed the clutch engagement slowly sinking to the floor - by yesterday morning it was almost instant engagement off the floor.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 AM

Ape-x - yeah I had a look there and I didn't see any fluid... might have to have a closer look.

Johnny - 95000kms on the clock... it's probably due a new one hey??

Ziggy - I hope that's all it is mate. How'd you get it to the shop to get it fixed?? Mines just as bad as that.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:54 AM

I'm getting mine done soon. Mine happened at about 102k. I just topped up the fluid to get me going until I get it changed.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 PM

yeah got my old man to go and buy some fluid for me today and I have my car booked in for tomorrow to have the master and slave cylinder to be replaced.... hopefully the car holds up for the drive there tonight.
and an oil change while its there too
Old 02-16-2011, 12:14 AM

mmm.. so just filled up the clutch reservoir with new fluid, pumped the clutch and it started to stiffen up. It's actually like normal now, but as I got out of my car there is now a little pool of clutch fluid under my car... it looks like its leaking from somewhere near the jack points of my car. I can't get any further under to investigate, but it looks like my car is good enough to drive to the mechanics tomorrow morning now at least.
Gave the reservoir a bit of a top up and will check again tomorrow morning.

Have given them a heads up on replacing the master and slave cylinder so its looking good now.

Hopefully its nothing more than that and I'll be all good.

btw.. the clutch fluid in the reservoir is the colour of the brisbane river... dirty as. Just like everyone says.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by do$tylz_v2,Feb 15 2011, 02:44 AM
Ape-x - yeah I had a look there and I didn't see any fluid... might have to have a closer look.
I should have said you'll need a torch.

Let us know how ya go, it'll be good as a reference point for others
Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 AM

yeah had a look in the drivers side footwell with a torch and nothing. No leaks, nothing.

Took the car to the machanics on Thursday morning, got it back in the arvo after work and the clutch feels better than when I first got my car. Was grinning like a school-boy who just saw his first pair on the drive home. Then got to drive around town with a hottie in the passenger side that night.... god I love my car.

Quick Reply: Clutch engagement level issue