Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Cleaning/Polishing Products

Old 08-02-2001, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning/Polishing Products

Can anybody tell me if products such as Zaino, Plexus, Lexol, and 3M (the car products, not the stationery) are readily available in Australia (specifically Melbourne)?

I have always used Meguiars products on previous cars, but figured seeing as though the Yanks have Meguiars products over there too, but instead use products such as Zaino, maybe it would be worth giving them a try. I would especially like to try Plexus, or another comparable product for cleaning the rear window.
Old 08-02-2001, 04:19 PM

I use Meguiars Gold Class wax and the car looks awesome. Never felt the need to try something else.

For the rear window, I use Mothers Plastic Polish. It comes up extremely clear but mostly I couldn't be bothered because I hardly ever use the top. I think Meguiars makes plastic cleaner and polish too but I couldn't find it in the shops.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:34 PM

I am with Naishou, I use Meguiars Gold Class products as well, the are great. I have a silver and it comes up with a nice reflective surface. I also use Meguiars Plastic Polish for the rear window. It is pretty good and will get rid of most small scratches. 5
Old 08-02-2001, 08:36 PM

Yeah, I have always used the Meguiars Gold Class polish. It is definitely good stuff, but can leave a white-ish residue in crevices, which apparently some other products don't do.

I will definitely give their plastic cleaner/polisher a go though if I can't find Plexus.
Old 08-02-2001, 11:32 PM

Alister you can buy Plexus at any Autobarn - I bought my can at the Autobarn opposite Doncaster shopping town.

As for Zaino - have a talk to DavidM - his mate Sime was planning on bringing a batch back from the US to Australia.
Old 08-03-2001, 02:41 AM

I used to use the Mothers plastic polish but I've found that the Honda plastic cleaner seems to work better. You can get it from your local Honda dealer. It smells like Brasso?

Another tip is to go to a boating supplies shop (St Kilda Marina ?) and buy what they use to clean the plastic on boats - that would have to be good stuff to work on a boat's plastic.

It's very awkward to clean the inside, especially for the larger size males, and the best way to get this done is to recruit children or a small wife to do it ;-)
Old 08-04-2001, 03:33 AM

Plexus is available at Peter Stevens motor cycle shop in Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
Old 08-05-2001, 04:15 PM

I'm another Meguiars only user ... Got a bottle of every kinda stuff and don't feel that anything else is properly needed. I use 5 layers of waxing and countless hours and effort of buffing then polishing every once a month to keep the car in showroom shine condition.

Old 08-05-2001, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori
I'm another Meguiars only user ... Got a bottle of every kinda stuff and don't feel that anything else is properly needed. I use 5 layers of waxing and countless hours and effort of buffing then polishing every once a month to keep the car in showroom shine condition.

You're a complete nut case TK. 5 layers? 1 layer takes me all afternoon!
Old 08-05-2001, 05:09 PM

Got my Plexus yesterday from Autobarn Doncaster as per 2KTurkey's recommendation. I was a little disappointed the first time I used it, but found after some serious shaking (ie a couple of minutes), the results where noticably better the second time around.

In regards to the car polishes, I think I might stick with the Gold Class for a while, and just try to avoid getting it in the 'notches' such as between the bumpers and guards etc.

Quick Reply: Cleaning/Polishing Products