Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

CDs stuck in stacker

Old 01-09-2005, 04:37 PM
ifk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDs stuck in stacker

Not sure if this topic has been covered before, if so I'm sorry. Tried searching but didn't find much.

I've recently purchased a black S2k MY00. As I was driving trying to look as cool as I can (which is quite hard) , I was browsing through my CD collection which happened to be in my CD stacker. When I selected one of the CDs I've burnt, the display shows 'CD-E 01'. Unfortunately it has ever since. :-( . There are now 6 CDs stuck, and they won't come out.

Have not tried to unplug the cable to the CD yet. Any other suggestions as to how I can get the CDs out? Has anyone else experienced problems with CD-R/CD-RW in the stacker?

Oh, I had the CD player sent away late last year because the CDs weren't being played at all before. Then the CDs didn't enter the player at all, they stayed in the magazine.

Perhaps the player is simply broken again?

Any help appreciated.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 PM

It sounds like its a mechanical fault in the stacker and therefore not related to whether or not its cdr/rw IMO If that's the case I'd be questioning why they aren't just giving you a new unit since they are obviously spending as much in labour as they would a replacement.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:39 PM

Hey mate.. same thing happens to mine as well.... found a way to get them out...

1) Peel off the whole front sliding plastic cover of the cd changer

2) U would see the black part (compartment where u put your cd's) and a silver part (cd changer mechanism)

3) Push the silver part gently inside and try pushing the eject button for the cd changer (U might have to try a few times b4 the thing ejects out")

Happens to me like once a week and and this is how i solve the problem. 2000 mdls s2k's have a problem cd changer, thats y they changed when the 01 mdls came out. hope this works... if it does'nt, tell me... hope it helps... cheers....
Old 01-09-2005, 06:19 PM
ifk

Thanks j's_s2k, I'll give that a try tonight and see how I go. Will keep you posted.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:06 PM
ifk

Good news. Haven't tried in a few days now so I went out to the car park. Funnily enough this time the CD changer came out when I pressed the Eject button without any intervention at all. Really weird.
Anyhow, if it gets stuck again I'll try the method suggested by j's_s2k. Coincidence or not, but it was stuck at CD-3, which happens to be the only CD-R in the stacker. I'll try it again later to see if I can conclude the problem at all being related to the type of CD or if it's only a mechanical issue.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:56 PM

I have this same problem on a MY2000 - my cd holder is stuck in the changer. I've had this problem recently (only with playing burnt cd-r's) and have always, until now, been able to just keep pressing the release button until it finally ejected the cd holder.

I've followed J's suggestion by removing the plastic front cover but I couldn't find anything under it in the "silver part" to push to release the cd holder.

I even tried the suggestion on another post about inserting a credit card under the cd holder to trigger a release but had no luck there either - that was a fix for a Prelude, says the poster.

Does anyone have a suggestion - other than go to a Honda dealership - to be able to remove it?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:34 AM
ifk

Silverardo, I have the same problem again (or still). This time round I haven't had the same luck with CDs automatically popping out. 6 CDs are stuck in the boot , spent 1h in the boot trying to get the changer out to no avail. Thinking of letting Honda fix it at my next service, assume they will have to change the stacker altogether. I've peeled of the cover and can see that it seems to be a mechanical problem. Have used screw drivers etc to try and get the casette out but the CDs are still there. Any other advice appreciated but I think it's time to get it out and replaced. Really looking forward to hearing some of those CDs again .