Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

BMW Club day at Wakefield Feb 3

Old 01-15-2002, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW Club day at Wakefield Feb 3

I'll be taking the S2000 to the BMW club day at Wakefield on the 3rd of February. I only mention this because at least one person (goul) seemed interested. The day will be in supersprint format with 10 minute sessions in the morning and 5 lap sessions in the afternoon. All sessions are timed with laser equipment. It will be really interesting to see how the S2000 goes against some pretty quick machinery and I'm hoping to embarass a few people. I'm doing a CAMS C3 licencing course (in the WRX) with Peter Finlay on Jan 29 and 30, then a Formula Ford day on Jan 31, so hopefully my skills will be honed

I am actually a member of the club but they are quite accepting of non-members provided there are vacancies. There's not a lot of time before this event but I'll try to give more notice next time. It just depends when they tell me I think they wouldn't mind a couple of S2000s turning up now and then as they are all "car people" and the S2000 is close in spirit to the original BMW M concept. We don't want to go overboard though as it's still a BMW club
Old 01-15-2002, 12:51 PM

Naishou: I love you, im in, in ,in - spoke to David here at work he is going also in his BMW, he said he will contact his mates at the club, specifically the guy with the 2oo2.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:27 PM

Try to get your entry in ASAP. It will be great if you can make it You'll need an extinguisher. I'm going to try to get a piece of aluminium to make a bracket and mount it at the front of the passenger seat.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:40 PM

Will do boss , be good to finally meet you, am going over to speak to Dave now. The beauty is this falls on a Sunday, no need to take time of work woo hoo
Old 01-15-2002, 06:37 PM

G'day Naishou,

Sounds pretty cool....

What regulations is this event run under? I only ask; as I like to try my ex David Wood GTP 'Type R' cut-slicks out and this would not be possible, if it is a CAMS run event (would need a roll-cage).

Also, how much $$$ are we talking?

Cheers,

-Mark-
Old 01-15-2002, 06:47 PM

Good stuff, have fun guys and let us know how you went. In particular Naishou - can you take a mental note on differences (in perfromance) between your S2000 experience at Wakefield and the ones you've had in the WRX. looking forward to reading about it (since I can't be there emyself) :-)
Old 01-15-2002, 06:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aussie_ITR-0239
[B]G'day Naishou,

Sounds pretty cool....

What regulations is this event run under?
Old 01-15-2002, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by DavidM
Good stuff, have fun guys and let us know how you went. In particular Naishou - can you take a mental note on differences (in perfromance) between your S2000 experience at Wakefield and the ones you've had in the WRX. looking forward to reading about it (since I can't be there emyself) :-)
Hey DavidM, you don't know how to fit an extinguisher do you?
Old 01-15-2002, 06:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by naishou
I can email you an entry form.
Please do. You've got my e-mail addy?

If we can whip them in the go-karts it might be fun to have a go in cars as well .
Old 01-15-2002, 07:01 PM

-----------------------------
Hey DavidM, you don't know how to fit an extinguisher do you?
-----------------------------
lol, I actually had one of the guys here do it for me. Though, once you have a braket all it takes fitting the braket in under the front-bolts of the passnger seat. maybe the pic 2kturkey posted will help you?

ps. I do remember that the 'braket' did not have the holes for the deat-bolts drilled in. From what I heard - the 'holes' are not the exactly the same distance from each other going from car to car. We measured the 'drilling points' by dropping the seat on it.

Quick Reply: BMW Club day at Wakefield Feb 3