Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Black or silverstone?

Old 08-02-2005, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cashout,Aug 2 2005, 06:57 AM
Is that why they bring bad luck to whomever gets in ther way????
its funni cos its true...
Old 09-07-2005, 09:08 PM

"Yellow - Look at me, posers & serious trackies "

agree with the look at me comment
can poser and serious trackie be used in the same sentence though?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:01 PM

The General Lee wasn't black and look what that could do (including being re-made into a movie).

Now we just have to wait for the Knghtrider movie to come out.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by hondaboy82,Sep 8 2005, 03:08 PM
"Yellow - Look at me, posers & serious trackies "

agree with the look at me comment
can poser and serious trackie be used in the same sentence though?
Yes indeed. For example, an advertising exec might use a yellow one to commute around the city & suburbs and a professional trackie (eg Dave Woods) used a yellow in competition.

We even had one example of an advertising exec also being a serious weekend trackie.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Vuey,Aug 1 2005, 04:03 AM
RedRover

Thanks RedRover !

I read thru this thread, very insightfull . I based my purchased of colour on a number of factors .....

the lowie facotr firstly , before i made my purchase i showed the S in varied colours to chicks at work, and majority picked RED , black was a close second . However , my first choice was white / red , but there were none at the time i was shopping for mine .

Secondly , Superstition .... majority of asians feel that black cars are bad luck . And Red is the symbolic colour of "Good Luck" .
man according to this thread im a low class hoon with bad luck! errr!

follow the heart they say.. so black is it..

RED Red is the warmest of all colors. Red is the color most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males. On the negative side red can mean temper or anger. In China, red is the color of prosperity and joy. Brides wear red and front doors are often painted red. Red is Tuesday's color. Red roses symbolize passionate love. Ruby rings should be worn on the left hand. Red is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War.

Red Energy
Red is associated with fiery heat and warmth. It can also mean danger (burning).

Red is the color of blood, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival. Red is also the color of passion and lust.

Put some red in your life when you want:

increased enthusiasm and interest
more energy
action and confidence to go after your dreams
protection from fears and anxieties

Blue Blue is the coolest color - the color of the sky, ocean, sleep, twilight. The ancient Egyptians used lapis lazuli to represent heaven. Blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. Blue is often the chosen color by conservative people. Blue is the calming color. That makes it a wonderful color to use in the home, especially for babies. Blue is so soothing that is a good choice for pajamas. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation. A blue iris means your friendship is very important to me.
Blue Energy
Blue gives a feeling of distance. Artists use it to to show perspective. This is a good way to understand the energy of the color blue - it allows us to look beyond and increase our perspective outward. It contains a cool vibration that is helpful to communication.

The vibration if blue can be used to open energy flow where it is blocked. Using blue to relax will encourage feelings of communication and peace.

Put some blue in your life when you want:

calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
to open the flow of communication
to broaden your perspective in learning new information
solitude and peace

WhiteWhite is the color of purity. Brides wear white in many countries, because white symbolizes a virgin. White means kindness. In some cultures white is worn at funerals. White is Monday's color. White daisies are a symbol of loyal love.

White Energy
Strictly speaking, white is not a color, but the manifestation of the presence of all color - the complete energy of light. It stands for wholeness and completion. In many cultures it represents openness and truth. White has a cold quality. It can provide clarity as its energy is complete.

White has purification vibrations and can be used to clear blocks from your path.

It holds the potential to move toward every other color and this makes it a good choice for new beginnings, and development in any direction.

Put some white in your life when you want:

to clear clutter and obstacles away
to start a fresh beginning
to bring about mental clarity
purification of thoughts or actions

Silver/Grey Native Americans associate silver with friendship. silver is the symbol for security, maturity and dependability. It connotes responsibility and conservative practicality.

Silver /Grey energy
Silver is the true neutral color. Its energy imparts void, emptiness, lack of movement, emotion, warmth and identifying characteristics. Because of this, silver can be restful. It has a detached and isolated feeling. Silver can have a cooling effect when placed next to other more vibrant colors. It has a stabilizing effect, making vibrant colors stand out while muting their vibration.

Put some silver in your life when you want:

to emphasize your willingness to comply
a neutral, non-invasive feeling
to reduce the intense energy of another color
to feel detached or isolated

or if your lazy and you dont like cleaning your car!

BlackBlack is the most misunderstood color. A black tie dinner is very formal and elegant. Women can wear that "must have little black dress" to the black tie dinner. Yet the bad guys wear black hats. Black symbolizes death in some cultures. Native Americans thought black was good because it was the color of soil, which gives life. Saturday's color is black.

Black Energy
Black is not a color, strictly speaking. It is the absence of all color. When people speak of opposites, it is usually in terms of black and white. Black, and its opposite white, represent polarities. Black absorbs all aspects of light. While white reveals, black conceals. It has come to mean hidden, fearful or bad experience. It is linked to the unknown or the unseen.

In times of fear and uncertainty black contains the energy of the threatening unknown. In a positive state, black is seen as a restful emptiness into which anything may emerge and disappear once again. It is also mysterious, providing a sense of potential and possibility.

Put some black in your life when you want:

to become inconspicuous
to open the door to mystery
to prepare for the unknown
a restful emptiness

and according to these meanings, it gets worse!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:35 AM

You'll notice that in my original post I made the important qualifying remarks "Choosing the colour is an emotional decision. If you don't have a wife to do it for you, then you're going to have to make the decision for yourself".

I must confess that at the time, I wanted to buy a White one but my wife said "If it's a sports car, then it has to be RED". ... And thus is the story of how "RedRover" came to be
Old 10-25-2006, 04:41 AM

AWWWW......
Got a great pic of you and the car from the cruise on sunday!

I went the silverstone cos i couldn't find any blacks that have a hlaf decent paint job..
Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 AM

she can have the house, have the furniture, have the main bedroom, but when it comes to the car.. the decision is mine.. hence black!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by dbzerk,Oct 25 2006, 04:41 AM
AWWWW......
Got a great pic of you and the car from the cruise on sunday!

I went the silverstone cos i couldn't find any blacks that have a hlaf decent paint job..
post!