Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Austrlian owners: interests in the Minuni N1-Street exhaust system?

Old 12-05-2001, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Austrlian owners: interests in the Minuni N1-Street exhaust system?

I've asked Muz to help out in distributing the Minuni products in Oz. I was wondering if there are any interests in the Minuni N1-Street exhaust system?
Old 12-05-2001, 09:10 PM

Don't know about anyone else, but I have never heard of "Minuni"...
Old 12-05-2001, 10:54 PM

...let alone Austrlian ...
Old 12-05-2001, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by Alister
Don't know about anyone else, but I have never heard of "Minuni"...
I think it's a Chinese College
Old 12-05-2001, 11:14 PM

But looking in another post, it seems we can now get a Midas exhaust... whoppeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 12-06-2001, 01:01 AM

Muz,

This product is basically unheard of in Australia. In order to sell any it will require a lot of marketing & promotion.

A good start would be to post in this forum some details about the product and what it will do, what it will cost and how it compares to other exhaust alternatives.

At the Robert Lane night I asked David Wood how he felt about the straight pipe on his race car. He said that the greatest benefit was the weight loss.

This implies that it will be difficult (but not impossible) for any aftermarket supplier to radically improve on the standard Honda exhaust system.
Old 12-06-2001, 04:46 AM

Because of our pissweak dollar, the cost of the minuni exhaust is likely to be prohibitive for most Australians.

Most people are better off getting a custom exhaust designed and manufactured locally.

Friends in the local honda club have had nice twin exhausts made up for around $900 AUS or approx. $450 US.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:55 PM

go with APEXi N1 exhaust and make it 1 muffler, free flowing and make sure you change the Catalyc converter to high flow one, you will be surprise how much more drivability u get especially up at the top end.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by danprice
This implies that it will be difficult (but not impossible) for any aftermarket supplier to radically improve on the standard Honda exhaust system.
Any properly developed N1-spec catback exhaust systems especially makers like Spoon, Amuse or Apexi etc will provide significant torque and horsepower improvements over the OEM exhaust system in any given situation, once again not to mention the weight savings with the amount of burden carried by the OEM exhaust system which in my opinion carries more looks than performance. Besides, all Honda OEM exhaust systems are quite restrictive especially the mufflers including the NSX.

On the other hand, "Minuni" is the brand founded by Richard = Mingster with his business associate. In this case, he has more than likely developed a very close to performance type of N1-spec catback exhaust output similar to that of big Japanese brands. It's not some crap like the impression some of you seem to think because you don't visit the main boards to read about what is going on and no it's not good to compare it with "Midas exhausts". Then again, at the end of the day it's how willing one is to pay to modify their car to improve anything.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori

Any properly developed N1-spec catback exhaust systems especially makers like Spoon, Amuse or Apexi etc will provide significant torque and horsepower improvements over the OEM exhaust system in any given situation, once again not to mention the weight savings with the amount of burden carried by the OEM exhaust system which in my opinion carries more looks than performance. Besides, all Honda OEM exhaust systems are quite restrictive especially the mufflers including the NSX.

On the other hand, "Minuni" is the brand founded by Richard = Mingster with his business associate. In this case, he has more than likely developed a very close to performance type of N1-spec catback exhaust output similar to that of big Japanese brands. It's not some crap like the impression some of you seem to think because you don't visit the main boards to read about what is going on and no it's not good to compare it with "Midas exhausts". Then again, at the end of the day it's how willing one is to pay to modify their car to improve anything.
Talkashi, all the responses were sarcastic. We all know that Midas is not a brand of muffler we would want to put on our car.

The comments made here in this post are consistent with the majority that appear on the international boards - that is that there is minimal performance benefit to be gained from an aftermarket exhaust. As for not knowing about Minuni - well what do you expect? - it's hardly a brand name that you would expect everyone to know (no criticism of Richard is implied or intended here).

After being on the track today with David Wood in his GTP group A S2000 I can tell you he has minimal acceleration benefits compared to a standard S2000 and the benefits he has are primarily a result of weight savings (he has a straight exhaust - no cats etc.). That is not to say though that his car is not much quicker than any standard S2000. It IS much quicker, but this is primarily a result of suspension and tyre modifications not to mention David's excellent driving skills.

Quick Reply: Austrlian owners: interests in the Minuni N1-Street exhaust system?