Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Argghhh! 40,000km service

Old 02-19-2002, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argghhh! 40,000km service

Just another "story" about a 40,000km service

Car is at Scotts and I am picking it up today...

I complained about a noisy gearbox and slight clutch slippage....they checked it over and did notice the gearbox issue (but not the clutch)

Currently waiting on Honda Australia to "OK" a trannie overhaul under warranty!

If it goes ahead, they want the car for a couple of weeks!

What's it all mean?!?!

1. How can I ensure Honda Australia give the go ahead for the work?
2. What is a transmission overhaul?
3. Does it really take a couple of weeks?

ps: Just came back from 4 weeks in UK, Portugal, Spain and France....got to drive an Audi RS4, TVR Tuscan, Mini Cooper, CaterhamClubman and a Diesel Citroen Xsara (last one was the hire car for the road trip)
Old 02-19-2002, 09:11 PM

I noticed alot of transmission noise after about 1,500 kms..... I took the car back and they replaced the transmission, gearbox etc under warranty, however it took 10 days to fix... I got them to even pay for the hire car I had to drive around in....
Old 02-19-2002, 11:12 PM

Got them to pay for the hire car??? Do you sell oil for arabs for a living?!

Anyway on, pickin up the car, they agreed the repair will be under warranty. I'm not sure whether I can scam the hire car though!
Old 02-19-2002, 11:35 PM

suit36
I don't know if this is just the honda dealer that I use but everytime we take the car in for service we always get a free loan car. If this is the same with you any work being carried out by honda should follow the same pattern.

hope this helps
cd
Old 02-20-2002, 02:11 AM

Some, but not all dealers provide a loan vehicle - normally a Civic. I'm interested to hear where your dealers are Chris and xsfer. My Collingwood based dealer has been trying to convince me to continue going there because he claims no other Melbourne based dealers will provide a loaner.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:28 AM

I goto John Blair Honda for my car services......

I always get a loan car for standard services, however they weren't too keen on the idea of giving me a courtesy car for 10 days, so I said, what am I meant to drive around in after I've just paid a great deal of money for this car????

Anyway, the dealer organised with Honda Australia Customer Relations for a reimbursement of my hire car to save face, which was pretty good of them!
Old 02-20-2002, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by xsfer
I goto John Blair Honda for my car services......

I always get a loan car for standard services, however they weren't too keen on the idea of giving me a courtesy car for 10 days, so I said, what am I meant to drive around in after I've just paid a great deal of money for this car????

Anyway, the dealer organised with Honda Australia Customer Relations for a reimbursement of my hire car to save face, which was pretty good of them!
Thanks xsfer. When Talbots had my S2000 for a fortnight for gearbox synchro replacement they gave me a loaner no questions asked.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:11 PM

I overheard a Scotts service guy offer a loaner for $45 a day....I don't know whether it would be gratis for their less plebbie cars like Legend, S2000 and NSX.

Anyway, prefer to drive a Calais from my company's fleet rather than a loaner Civic.

It sounds like the trannie thing is quite common. I was a little freaked by the "take apart the transmission for an overhaul" comment by the service guy!
Old 02-20-2002, 01:21 PM

wtf!?
I used to always take my car to John Blair, they never gave me a car and always made me pay $35 for a loaner??
Old 02-20-2002, 01:39 PM

Guys
We use Courtney & Patterson and they say they will give you an uptodate loan car. We've had a CRV, integra and prelude so far. You need to book at least two weeks in advance.

CD

Quick Reply: Argghhh! 40,000km service