Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

anyone tried krispy kreme doughnuts yet?

Old 06-22-2004, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great point naishou. how many people eat sugar out of a bag? no frills
Old 06-22-2004, 05:39 AM

Originally posted by cayenneguy
either way u cut it, there's only really a few people getting rich from franchises and thats the franchisors or the franchisees who got in at the bottom end and get out at the top end.
plus lawyers.

they make SH!TLOADS from franchise disputes.

in fact, that's why i'm sitting at work at 11:40pm on a Tuesday night. a goddamn franchise dispute.

what i shame i don't have equity.

Fist
Fist
Fisty
Old 06-22-2004, 05:42 AM

who has seen "supersize me" yet?
checked it out on the weekend.

it's worth a look, although not an 'absolute must see'.

i actually watched it one row in front of a laaaarge woman who chose to bring a kebab into the cinema with her. it made me a little uncomfortable when fatty fatty boombas were on screen, because the whole cinema laughed at them. i wonder what she was thinking when this occurred?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:47 AM

so fisty, do u represent the franchisees or the franchisors?
i've heard and seen so many horror stories in regards to franchises that it would blow the minds of most people looking at buying a franchise.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:52 AM

i do both.

the firm does a stack of 'front end' work for franchisors. however, i'm in litigation, and at this end of the game we aren't too choosy- franchisees, franchisors, come one come all.

it's good in that it allows you to see both sides of the coin. i see some dodgy franchisees who are just keen to get out of paying their bills. i also see some dodgy franchisors who had a reasonable business, decided that they would make wads of cash from franchising, and then went headlong into it without giving a second's thought to creating a franchise system for people to operate in.

proponents of franchises quote figures which say they have twice the success rate of other businesses.

it may be right to say that after a given period, you're twice as likely to still be operating a franchise. but in my experience, the only reason most people stay in is because they've thrown in a bucket of capital, and they have no other option.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:19 AM

"proponents of franchises quote figures which say they have twice the success rate of other businesses.

it may be right to say that after a given period, you're twice as likely to still be operating a franchise. but in my experience, the only reason most people stay in is because they've thrown in a bucket of capital, and they have no other option."

You sir have struck the correct. personally, franchises are good for ppl who have absolutely no idea on how to run a small biz eg. middle managers who have been laid off and don't know what to do with themselves, so therefore they buy themselves a job with the money they get from the redundancy. however with running a small biz what they only see is cash going into the cash register and they think its a goldmine, what most ppl don't see is the mountain of administative bullshit that the Howard govt. has placed on small biz since the GST that has cut profit margins so thin that it has made running a biz a 24hr affair.
all the ppl i know say that i must be a multi millionaire with the cash that comes thru my biz's, but they dont know the amount of work that i have to do, they just think that i kick back and watch the cash flow in
Old 06-22-2004, 01:25 PM

obviously you're not a franchisee then!

Fisty
Old 06-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

what most ppl don't see is the mountain of administative bullshit that the Howard govt. has placed on small biz since the GST that has cut profit margins so thin that it has made running a biz a 24hr affair.
Ah yes ...the GST, the tax that was to replace other existing taxes yet for the most part turned out to be just another extra tax. Funny that.

Hmmm... I wonder where the money comes from for our miraculous budget surpluses and pre-election sweeteners? Forgive me if I don't put it down to Costello's economic wizardry.

all the ppl i know say that i must be a multi millionaire with the cash that comes thru my biz's, but they dont know the amount of work that i have to do, they just think that i kick back and watch the cash flow in
If my income was even a third of my turnover or I got paid for every hour I worked I'd be an extremely happy man.

Oh well... maybe we can all go off and become accountants.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:37 PM

i don't understand the broom comment?
sorry - it was a south park reference
Old 06-22-2004, 04:43 PM

I can't believe everyone's saying that they taste like just any other donut!!

Eat a freshly cooked (ie. HOT) original flavour krispy kreme donut. They melt in your mouth in an o-so-good way.

Quick Reply: anyone tried krispy kreme doughnuts yet?