Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

anyone tried krispy kreme doughnuts yet?

Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, just clicked on the link for "franchise info" on the krispy kreme's website....It's different to what I remember it being:

http://www.krispykreme.com.au/australia.html

"...we no longer have franchise opportunites/development rights available in Australia..."

They did last time I checked.

wil..
Old 06-23-2004, 05:39 AM

they had that message posted on their for as long as i remember
Old 06-23-2004, 05:48 AM

yea but if u got a lazy $30mill US laying around, u can get one up and running in asia, theres a market for u, heaps of skinny asian ppl who don't like sweet fried doughy things, only steamed bbq pork buns.

on a side note, a fellow retailer told me that Boost Juice now have this policy whereby potential franchisees have to pay $2000 just to get the initial interview with Janine Allis to see if u are worthy of running a juice store.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by cayenneguy
yea but if u got a lazy $30mill US laying around, u can get one up and running in asia, theres a market for u, heaps of skinny asian ppl who don't like sweet fried doughy things, only steamed bbq pork buns.

on a side note, a fellow retailer told me that Boost Juice now have this policy whereby potential franchisees have to pay $2000 just to get the initial interview with Janine Allis to see if u are worthy of running a juice store.
You've got to be kidding me. Talk about an inflated sense of self-importance.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:59 PM

She's obviously attended one of those real estate seminars that cost thousands and deliver little more than common sense and now she's trying to recover the loss by playing their game

IMO owning a franchise takes away all the pros of owning your own business except maybe the money. They control you to the point that your a pawn and benefit from your hard work amway style. The success of any personally owned business is directly related to the amount of hard work put in and I couldn't see myself working 84 hours a week to make a go of things whilst lining someone else's pockets for having their own idea.

Seems like the boost juice franchise is following a similar pattern to the last technlogy boom, stocks are extremely over inflated and the value is no longer represented, when people realise that the brand name is only a small attribute to the success of the venture they are going to lose a lot of money.

IMO The only thing that boost has to offer is good marketing which is a skill that you should have if you want to own a business anyway. Seems to me that franchises are another 'get rich quick and easy' scheme that sucks people in but I may be wrong
Old 06-23-2004, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by Queenie
what do u do naishou? which uni?
What are you studying Queenie?
Old 06-23-2004, 05:11 PM

I can't believe how many reponses/views this thread has!
Old 06-23-2004, 05:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

And talking about bad ads; the Boost Juice ads with the youth spraying each other with juice and burping do little to encourage me to buy their product. If RR wants a counter-argument to 'All publicity is good publicity' then that would be a prime example.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:08 PM

A few months ago me and two mates were asked at a boost juice if we would let them film us for free doing some sort of dance. If they offered us free drinks then maybe. But not for free!!

wil..
Old 06-23-2004, 06:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Austblue

Quick Reply: anyone tried krispy kreme doughnuts yet?