Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Anyone got a Modded PS2 ?

Old 11-27-2005, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is hard for me to get excited about games. Really only interested in driving sims. And only a few catch my fancy.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:54 PM

Hi Cashout, I too love my GT4, quick question, as i am too lazy to read the book, what are the points for?? what do you get from them??
My favorite racing has been the Euro compacts i was doing in a modded Alfa 147 GTA.

Chris.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GT4 has no white S2000 - so I am not interested...

I play Tekken5 more often that anything else. I can't play with Trev though, cause he is a bad loser and cracks the shits when I win anything . So then I play the gameboy. Gameboy rocks.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:42 PM

Had GT4 since it basically came out, but must admit I haven't used it too much, despite having a steering wheel and pedals which do improve the experience.

I always find I prefer playing sport related games, be it Tiger Woods 2005, Cricket 2005, Horse Racing (though its hard to find a decent game in this genre) & Athens 2004.

Games can be a distraction when everything else is driving you crazy...
Old 11-27-2005, 08:08 PM

Chris, The points are supposed to give you a measure of how hard the race is given the opposition and the car you are using. 200 points means you have to work your butt off to win the race whilst anything less than 60 is meant to be a piece of cake (anything <20 you should be able to win one handed whilst chatting up some lowie on the phone) .

If you take a stock car to a race and it says it is worth 60 points and then you put better tires and re enter you will get less points. But the points have no bearing on your compeltion percentage or your license status. A lot of people question the value of the points but some (including myself) see it as a replay-ability factor. You can get to 100% and 80Golds given enough time but getting 100k points is a much bigger challenge. You have to drive cars you may not like at all (or never heard of) in order to get 200 points in all races (and you have to drive all the endurance races yourself instead of using the robot driver). Most people get to 100% with <20k points. As you can imagine, making up the 80k points to the 100k mark means you'll be doing a lot of playing.

The points system is not perfect and there are plenty of weird situations (like races you can't win for 30 points and races you win easily for 200 points) but it is generally accurate.

S2o0o, I am pretty sure that there is a white S2000. I am absolutely sure one of the Tuner S2000s is white (with a CF hood).... I'll see if I can dig up a pic.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by cjw07,Nov 28 2005, 11:54 AM
My favorite racing has been the Euro compacts i was doing in a modded Alfa 147 GTA.

The racing series that require pitting are a lot of fun too. You have to deal with cold tires, totally worn tyres, fuel management, keep your concentration and fight opposition that sometimes laps faster than you (but pit more as well).... nothing like racing for 1 1/2 hours and winning by less than 10 seconds...
Old 11-27-2005, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by cashout,Nov 27 2005, 09:22 PM

nothing like racing for 1 1/2 hours and winning by less than 10 seconds...
I used to be a profesional yachtsman, sydney to hobart, fastnet, admirals cup,Key west and stuff, try racing for 3-15 days and just win by 10 seconds.

Thanks for the pointers, but if i could ask another quickie, when is the best time to use B spec mode?? I haven't used it yet.

Chris.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:37 PM

B-spec is for when you don't want to do the racing yourself. There are a few races where you can't use b-spec though (not sure if you can find a list in some forum).

Most people use B-spec to get through the endurance races, specially the three 24 hour races. Since you can speed up the action by 3 times in b-spec mode you can do a 24 hour race in 8 hours.

Besides the endurance races, some people use b-spec when they find a car/track combo that they cannot handle but the b-spec driver can (like the cizeta moroder at one of the short tracks) or couldn't be bothered running a 1 pt race but still want to increase the completion %. Some people have used b-spec to get to 100% in the shortest amount of time (I think 2 weeks is the fastest I have seen).
Old 11-30-2005, 04:58 AM

I'm sorry to say that Mario Kart DS on the new handheld Nintendo DS is where it's at. Wireless and online play for free. Sure it doesn't have the intricate reality-based physics models of say GT4 or Forza Motorsport but it's hands down one of the most fun driving games around.

GT4 was a let down in my opinion. I'll be waiting for GT5 thanks, in HD 720p, 16 cars on the track, real-time damage physics, and most importantly a clutch pedal to come with the new steering wheel.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:04 PM

This topic made me pull the game out of the cupboard and get down and play it again. It also made me realise how little I have played the game - 2.3% complete!

I finally got past one the "Special" licence tests that was giving me significant trouble - I think it is 4th or 5th test (i must have tried it 20-30 times, but I kept hitting the walls - very annoying!)

Quick Reply: Anyone got a Modded PS2 ?