Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

[VIC] Cruise 11 DEC + XMAS DINNER!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just thought I would mention that winton has a fun day scheduled for the same day and am now in two minds on what to do. I went to a recent fun day and had an absolute blast, would love to go again.

Sorry to confuse people but just thought I would throw it out there
Old 11-29-2011, 04:13 AM

Did you take your S onto the track Ali?

I'm dead set for this meet. Next time!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 AM

I'm keen on this meet too... Winton another time!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 PM

Not another time, Winton NEXT time! I'm dying to go!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM

winton next time for sure, im in for that
Old 11-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a good hook up for some front brake discs? If Im to come along, I really need to get them sorted.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger
BW bakery is always good.
I love bakeries! =D

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger
Here is the run summary:

Length: 251 kilometers
A: Meet point (The Pines)
B: Run Commences (Heidelberg Kinglake Rd)- Very very tight and twisties for new comers.
B.1: Healesville Toolangi Road (Take the left fork) Also very tight and twisty.
C: Break for coffee and regroup (Healesville Beechworth Bakery) Blackspur after break (Lots of sweepers, few hairpins, lots of police activity)
D: Null
E: Marysville (Lunch Break)
F: Null
G: Warburton, small town, can stop here if needed.
H: Break, then head back to Melbourne as a group for those who are coming to dinner.
I: Black Rock Fish and Chippery for Dinner.

See the map here:

http://g.co/maps/wd3dm

Let's also keep stupid behavior ie. dangerous driving, burnouts to a minimum. The less attention the better.
Seriously...still meeting at the pines? and 251 km isnt very long i was hopping to test out and see how far one tank of fuel can get me lol, i remember the first main g.o.r cruise i went on with your guys was like 500km, though travelling to geelong does impact that.

Originally Posted by YLDS2K
I just thought I would mention that winton has a fun day scheduled for the same day and am now in two minds on what to do. I went to a recent fun day and had an absolute blast, would love to go again.

Sorry to confuse people but just thought I would throw it out there
To you guys thinking about going to the fun day ill make this easy for you. Fun days are ok but if you are very precious about your car i do not recomend them, last time i went to one there was 20-30 cars on the track at one time and the staff running the day actually said "if you push to hard, we will put my cars on the track to slow you down." they expect you to only go 80-90% of your ability but know one does, why would you? you can do that on the road, u go to the track to push yourself.

Originally Posted by Panayiotis
Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a good hook up for some front brake discs? If Im to come along, I really need to get them sorted.
I can get trade rates from better brakes for standard or slotted rotors for you if you would like?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:33 AM

Yeah brenden I agree that there a lot of cars on the track at one time although I think it's a great way for beginners to build confidence in they're cars and themselves. In regards to pushing yourself, I think that comes with time after knowing the potentials of your car and it's best to do so on a track as compared Io the public roads.

I wasn't trying to reconvince anyone to go to winton on the day but was just mentioning it for those who are interested in doing some basic track work at a cheap price $35
Old 12-02-2011, 11:16 PM

WAHHHH!! my cars steering is causing me grief!!!

when i accelerate it veers right and when i let go it comes back. so if I'm accelerating in a straight line once i let go it, it goes left. if I'm turning left and throttling, once i let go, it comes in more!!

i hope i can get this resolved before the cruise
Old 12-03-2011, 12:59 AM

Weren't you mentioning your car handles awesome now with the big wheels? Hmmm guess Aus was right after all

Quick Reply: [VIC] Cruise 11 DEC + XMAS DINNER!