Asia S2000 Owners English speaking owners from Asia. Including Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan.

Trip To Japan

Old 11-28-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip To Japan

Summer/fall of 2009, me and the gf will be visiting Japan for a week or two. I'm trying to do as much research as I can, what better way than to ask the people who live there.

Are there tracks where I can rent a car and let loose? Like everybody...I wanna drive the skylines, silivas, etc...

Whats a good place for tourist to visit? The travel agency recommends going to temples and museums....I really don't wanna do that. I wanna have fun.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:14 AM

Tokyo has a lot to see, and Yokohama is pretty cool. There is MegaWeb in Odaiba (Tokyo) that is worth checking out.

http://www.megaweb.gr.jp/English/

They also have a Super Autobacs in Yokohama to check out if you've never been before.

As far as tracks I don't know what to tell you. Most of the things to see in Japan happen to be Temples and shrines. Other than that there isn't a lot else to see. Mt Fuji is a few hours by bus from Tokyo, but even that sounds more exciting than it really is.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM

Most people travel to Japan to sightsee and visit temples, shrines, landmarks, etc. as there is a lot of historical value there. I recommend you still visit these areas during the day as they are still awe inspiring and fun to see. I took a 3 week trip there last summer with a few buddies after graduation and recommend these areas:

Kyoto - for all of the shrines, temples, scenery, etc.
Hiroshima - A-bomb location with museums and I believe the okonomiyaki (this egg/noodle type fried thing that's really good) area is here which you have to try.
Tokyo - Shopping, sights, sounds, and fun!

We started our trip mostly sightseeing and checking out the historical landmarks and what not then once we hit Tokyo we pretty much scoured the entire city and went out at night. Within Tokyo I recommend Roppongi for the nightlife and the Shibuya red-light district is a fun place to check out. Also, check out Shinjuku as that is where all those crazy weird dressed people come out. Akihabara is the electronics center which is pretty nuts and cool. Ton of adult shops there too which are like 7 floors each which are fun and interesting to walk through. Most of them I thought were video game stores but once you get past the front entrance, no more games... HMMMM...

If you're there for only a week or two I recommend going to Kyoto and Tokyo (Kyoto still has a decent nightlife scene). Also, the trains in Tokyo close at like midnight and start up again at 5am so when you go out, make sure to stay alive until 5am! I passed out a few times in the subway and had a hard time making it there a few times but it adds to the fun and experience . They also don't speak English there well at all despite what I've heard. Most of them can only say hi and bye and everything else is pretty crappy. My friends and I still got around fine as information places and signs are in English abundance. Tokyo is also filled with buildings with signs on every floor which I have no clue what they were but some of them looked pretty shady. I think there are a ton of their equivalent of a strip club or brothel type places there.

For bars and clubs I recommend Gas Panic and Lexington Queen in Roppongi in Tokyo. Decent amount of foreigners around there so you won't feel totally out of place. On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights though Gas Panic is insanely packed and it's hard enough to walk anywhere let alone dance. Still a cool scene. We also found some cool Nissan and Toyota car showrooms and interactive places by just walking around Tokyo. Forget where they were exactly but saw a ton of cool cars not available in the US. Saw a few skylines parked around but no R34 GTRs during my trip . Saw a few in Hong Kong though... man what I'd do to own one of those!

Here are some websites we used to plan our trip. Didn't visit any of the places in the second link though. Have a fun and safe trip!
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623.html
http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/...pongi_bars.htm
http://www.pubclub.com/onenightstand/tokyo.htm
Old 01-07-2009, 01:08 AM

If you Are going to mainland Japan/Tokyo area, you can try here.

You can pick up an R35 to let loose in. Just don't get in a wreck It'll be around $450 though for a whole day. Don't forget to pick up an international license before you get over here btw.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 PM

I plan to visit in April, thanks for the info. Was there for 3 weeks in 04, really miss Japan.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Have you gone yet? If so, where are the pics??

Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

will be there in two weeks
Old 07-08-2009, 04:13 PM

m ein 1 week along with 20 other peeps from Euro s2ki
Old 07-09-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by stocky,Jul 9 2009, 01:13 AM
m ein 1 week along with 20 other peeps from Euro s2ki
I am so jealous...