Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

This world is filled with idiots!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to be leaving my house right now to take my car in so they can fix the paint. Oh yea, while driving to work yesterday. A dump truck that was about 150 yards in front of me, well, a rock jumped out of the back when we were going down 3132 and did a double jump almost identical to the other just in a different spot on my hood and jumped twice just like the other one on my windshield. The windshield wasn't so bad, you can barely see it. I wasn't so mad this time cause like I said. If it was someone who was just driving down the road obeying the law. I would be irritated but not angry at them or myself. I saw the service consultant yesterday at Best Buy while I was working. He told me to bring it by when I get the chance and he would make sure they fix all the scratches. Man, I have bad luck with these rocks...
Old 01-03-2007, 06:06 AM

Hey atleast they are going to fix you up! You can't beat good service!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:23 AM

Well, my car is so new, my warranty information has not merged yet into their system. They are escalating it and told me to call back next week and see if everythings good to go. Which is fine, I understand, no big deal. Like I told them. I work in retail so I'm pretty patient with procedures like this.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also if possible drive far enough behind trucks, especially on the freeway, to allow the rocks to bounce and get down to the ground before you run up on them.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:21 AM

Ya, I will definately from now on. This low profile on this car is new to me. I just couldn't believe how far away I was and it still bounced on my hood.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by globallyoff,Jan 3 2007, 10:28 AM
Also if possible drive far enough behind trucks, especially on the freeway, to allow the rocks to bounce and get down to the ground before you run up on them.
\/\/erd

Originally Posted by Agent.Marshall
This low profile on this car is new to me.
Also Remember what I told you about angling and not going at curbs and large dips head on.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ch0pper,Jan 3 2007, 03:30 PM
Also Remember what I told you about angling and not going at curbs and large dips head on.
Werd to that! Wait till you have a lip! I have not rubbed yet, but everytime I go over something, I feel like I am about to hit.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM

Well, they offered to take care of it tomorrow and give me a comp vehicle so I can go to work. My only major concern is that the fix may be worst than the actual 4 obvious gray paint chips. I really don't think it will be worst but is there such thing as them doing a good job at fixing them and making it not noticable? From what they tell me, if its done right, you wont be able to tell. They told me to come in tomorrow cause they aren't going to use my warranty. They are just going to take care of it and theres apprantly someone whos really good at doing it that will be working tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:49 PM

Hope it works out! Don't rush them like I had to do on mine It was suppose to be done on Monday, so I turned in the rental, but they had not even started to paint on it yet! So I had no way to get to work and school (it was finals week as well) so they rushed it I think. Now I am not very happy with the paint job
Old 01-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

honda is taking care of it for you?

Quick Reply: This world is filled with idiots!