Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

stepping down

Old 06-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well mason that's one of the problems of the ar group. Very little participation. There are only 3 people contributing ideas for this thread, not including Fadi who started the thread. But that's sounds great mason!!

The only tough thing about choosing the CO is that there r some air force guys who would be great like Kyle or Kevin, just examples. They would be great, but I don't want to offend anyone but we don't know how long they are going to stay around. But if any of them would want to be the CO they that would be fine too. Everyone on this forum seem to get along fine and everyone in AR are great guys. And is there a rule where u can only have one CO?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ans2k
Well mason that's one of the problems of the ar group. Very little participation. There are only 3 people contributing ideas for this thread, not including Fadi who started the thread. But that's sounds great mason!!

The only tough thing about choosing the CO is that there r some air force guys who would be great like Kyle or Kevin, just examples. They would be great, but I don't want to offend anyone but we don't know how long they are going to stay around. But if any of them would want to be the CO they that would be fine too. Everyone on this forum seem to get along fine and everyone in AR are great guys. And is there a rule where u can only have one CO?

I also think Kyle or Kevin would be a great CO, but I know Kyle is heading back to Germany soon. As far as having more than one CO, I dont think there is a rule disallowing it, but I dont really think it's necessary either. With the lack of parcipitation in the area, I think it might work better if everyone was encouraged to plan events and spread the word. This would also help to keep one person from getting discouraged from lack of turn out and involvement.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:55 PM

Jimmy, are u saying we shouldn't have a CO. I do agree that having only one person plan events maybe discouraging when there is a bad turn out. I do like the idea of letting anyone plan an event. But the problem with that is what if the CO and some member planned and even on the same day. Does the CO take priority of the date? And if so that could cause some conflict. But that rarely if ever happened.

I say we have CO and let members host events, if it's ok with the CO.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 PM

I'm down with whatever guys! I met Kyle last weekend, and would be happy to see him take the position as well. As long as we can continue to have meets from time to time, I doesn't matter to me who or how many plans them. I just think that it's important for us to take that initiative.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Not to offend Kyle, he is a great guy. Very cool guy, he has been a very active member on drives and autox events. But he is leaving soon. I would rather vote for a CO who will be here for a few years.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think Mason would make a great CO.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:43 PM

I guess that is two votes for mason.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Pizza makin Mason. I am not in Arkansas, and actually will be leaving the south completely in about a month, but just thought i would mention that Mason was one of the first members I met. It was back about a year ago at a meet that Bobby had at his house in Shreveport. Both Mason and Bobby were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Mason did agree to teach me how to make his pizza someday but i havent had time as of yet.... still plan to.... someday.... lol. It was amazing pizza.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ohionab
Pizza makin Mason. I am not in Arkansas, and actually will be leaving the south completely in about a month, but just thought i would mention that Mason was one of the first members I met. It was back about a year ago at a meet that Bobby had at his house in Shreveport. Both Mason and Bobby were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Mason did agree to teach me how to make his pizza someday but i havent had time as of yet.... still plan to.... someday.... lol. It was amazing pizza.
Hey, thanks Nick!! That was a good time man. I'm still open for more pizza makin anytime!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, I would vote for Mason as well, he took the initiative to plan the drive this past weekend which was great and seems to be a very social guy. My car will be on a boat in a few weeks and I will be out of the country for a few years in a month so unfort I wouldn't be able to do much. I will be keeping in touch on here tho until I head out, and I will prob still drop in here on the boards and keep in touch even from across the pond. You guys in this region are some of the most fun, welcoming car people I have ever met. I was only here for 7 months and I will miss everyone a lot when I leave! Remember the invitation to visit me in Germany is always open to everyone, seriously.

Quick Reply: stepping down