Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Shops to install clutch?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Shops to install clutch?

My clutch is now slipping and its time for a new one.
I don't no anything when it comes to a clutch and PP as this is my first manual.
Should i get a new clutch & pp or just a clutch?

Recommend any place to install a new clutch?

Now i believe i have a aftermarket pp & clutch as its much harder to push the clutch pedal in then a stock one. I just don't no what i have installed.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hum where to begin? Wow nice pick for your first manual. But when you replace your clutch disk you usually want to replace to pp as well. Any recommenation for a place?Polk can but they forgot to tighten down my cuz bolts on his tranny and it came loose and dropped. I let fadi did it and overall it was good. Wat I have on my car does clutch buzz alot. And I have act HD ss with 8lb flywheel. Science of speed has a new clutch that looks good
Old 12-09-2009, 10:58 AM
TJF

Originally Posted by ans2k,Dec 9 2009, 08:25 AM
Hum where to begin? Wow nice pick for your first manual. But when you replace your clutch disk you usually want to replace to pp as well. Any recommenation for a place?Polk can but they forgot to tighten down my cuz bolts on his tranny and it came loose and dropped. I let fadi did it and overall it was good. Wat I have on my car does clutch buzz alot. And I have act HD ss with 8lb flywheel. Science of speed has a new clutch that looks good
I have no idea what you just said.

As for replacing your clutch, make sure you find someone that has done S2000s before. There is a right way and a wrong way to do an S2000 clutch job. To do it the right way, you have to loosen the motor mounts in order to get the motor angled correctly to remove/replace the transmission.

I would probably talk to Dustin on this forum. He is a certified Honda mechanic. If he cant do it, I bet he knows someone that can.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, sorry if i was a bit confusing, i wrote this before i took a final so i was kinda rushing and it was on an iphone.
1. if you are replacing you clutch disk, you would also need to replace your pressure plate.

2. polk can do it, BUT they have messed up my cousin's evo. they did not torque down the transmission bolts down completely and the transmission came loose, a big no-no. the transmission seized up.

3. i let fadi replaced my clutch, so far so good. he charges about 500-700 to do it. polk charges 1000+, and honda i think it was also 1500, but that is with stock clutch.

4. i would recommend getting the new act hd ss or the science of speed new clutch(this is wat i would go to next). you can do a search on this.

5. i have the old act clutch hd ss and it buzzes alot. i also have a 8 pound flywheel. you welcome to take my car for a spin when you want, just give my a call.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:05 PM

The guy that helped me do my turbo install can do it. He does stuff like that everyday and he's a hell of a lot cheaper than the shops. PM me if you're interested.

I've also heard dustin does very good work too.. and he's prolly closer to your location.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many miles on the car? You might look at getting a combo such as Flywheel, PP and clutch. As ans said go ahead and get a PP and clutch and replace them both. The flywheel may need to be resurfaced so its good to go ahead and get a lightened flywheel or just get oem. The oem clutch and flywheel are actually great up to 300hp. Also since they still have the springs it wont be to aggressive as a DD. Good luck finding someone to do the install!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Dec 9 2009, 08:54 PM
How many miles on the car? You might look at getting a combo such as Flywheel, PP and clutch. As ans said go ahead and get a PP and clutch and replace them both. The flywheel may need to be resurfaced so its good to go ahead and get a lightened flywheel or just get oem. The oem clutch and flywheel are actually great up to 300hp. Also since they still have the springs it wont be to aggressive as a DD. Good luck finding someone to do the install!
Coming up to 59k for miles. I was looking at getting an Ap1 fly wheel. Theres a guy selling 3 of them for $55 on the forums and yeah ill get it resurfaced. I was looking at just getting the ACT street clutch pacakge here on the forums for $475 shipped then another $125 for the throw out and pilot bearing, & align tool.

I'm pretty sure i can follow the DIY for changing the clutch. I have access to a lift and plenty of tools, just need a good weekend.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like everyone says it is different then your standard clutch. It has a fork that locks it in and it is a PUNTA to get it in and out. Either way good luck.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 PM

I ordered the OEM clutch disk with the act HD pp combo from hardtopguy.com and also a steel braided clutch line from SoS and a CC lightweight flywheel from THmotorsports.com. me and my friend who helped me install my CTSC are going to be putting the clutch stuff in this weekend if it all gets here by friday, next weekend if it doesn't. I don't think id ever pay someone to work on my car if its something I could do myself, its way more fun.

Although, i'll never order anything from SoS again though.. I ordered the sport clutch from them and a CC flywheel and they charged me for it and I get an email like 2 days later saying that its been backordered 2 weeks for the clutch and 1 week for the flywheel. that was like 1200 that they charged me for something that I wouldn't be getting for 2 weeks :-( so I had to call and cancel the order and it took another 2 days for the money to get refunded from paypal to me when I could have used that money to order from somewhere else and I would have all my parts by now!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 AM

I had the Clutch Masters Stage 3 and I loved it, a little bit firmer than stock but it very easy to modulate.

Quick Reply: Shops to install clutch?