Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

New S2k owner

Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S2k owner

Hi, im Troy I just purchased a 2001 yellow S2k with 78.5k miles. I bought the car out of a good deal (10.7k) and ive always secretly kind of wanted an s2000 because they look great and just heard great things about them in general. I live in Sherwood, Arkansas (near Little Rock). Hope I can get to know some local fellow S2k owners around here sometime in the near future.

I do have one question: anyone who lives in or around the Little Rock area know where I can find a legit reputable paint shop around here? I want to have it resprayed in black. Like I said before I got the car out of a good deal and yellow wasn't exactly no. 1 on the list. Thanks in advance, and again hope to meet some local s2k owners soon!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase, Troy!!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to have you! as far as a reputable paint shop, i couldn't tell ya... good paint is hard to find. another member, dan, had a hood painted in benton i believe and i've got it now but it's not bad. he said he had to take it back once or twice though. i can try to get the name of the shop though
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 PM

Hey troy congrates on the new ride you wont regret it im in the nwa area i used to work at a auto body supply shop and know the body shops that are great in the area shoot me a pm if your willing to travel to nwa for a good job you wont need to return to
Old 04-29-2012, 02:44 PM

Welcome! I'm also in Sherwood by the Walmart on JFK. Unfortunately I won't be around much longer before another summer deployment, but love talking cars! Hopefully see you around!
Tiffany
Old 04-30-2012, 05:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Troy, Welcome to the S2000 family! I live in Newton County Arkansas.
In early spring and
late fall the Arkansas Boston Mountain (BMT) tours take place, and this fall will be our 12th.
These spirited driving tours draw (40-45)S2000 cars (incl. other performance sport cars) from 5
or 6 different states and is one of the best driving events in this part of the country. There
is never a fee charged to attend a BMT event, but your car (tires, etc.) must be in good condition.
I hope to meet you at one of the sports car events in Arkansas soon!

Jerome
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 AM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

welcome troy i work at north point ford right outside of sherwood and drive a SSM MY00. I used Wilsons Auto Paint and Body in Cabot. Friends with the owner Randy, and he does great work. He painted the front cap on my car that got totaled and it looked amazing. there is an auto-x this saturday and sunday if you want to learn to drive that thing!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 PM

Id love to go to that, sounds like a lot of fun. Can you give me more specific info on that event? and any upcoming events or just local meets. thanks!

Originally Posted by jmoore2k
Troy, Welcome to the S2000 family! I live in Newton County Arkansas.
In early spring and
late fall the Arkansas Boston Mountain (BMT) tours take place, and this fall will be our 12th.
These spirited driving tours draw (40-45)S2000 cars (incl. other performance sport cars) from 5
or 6 different states and is one of the best driving events in this part of the country. There
is never a fee charged to attend a BMT event, but your car (tires, etc.) must be in good condition.
I hope to meet you at one of the sports car events in Arkansas soon!

Jerome
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Troy, The BMT events usually start at a NW Arkansas motel/hotel meeting room at the event registration where drivers must show valid driver's license and proof of current auto liability insurance, and provide car brand/model & vehicle registration number. Driver's
and passengers must sign a waiver of liability document for the event. At registration, driver's will be provided with written
information including: emergency telephone numbers for each county the BMT passes through, common sense BMT safe driving rules, turn-by-turn event route instructions, Arkansas state highway map, Group assignments, Group Leaders & Sweep Cars names and their cell phone numbers. At event registration, each driver and passenger has an opportunity to provide the event Tour Master with emergency (whom to call) names and telephone numbers in the event of an accident. Each BMT driver is encouraged to bring a fully charged FRS two-way radio and at the driver's meeting the radio freqency to be used for that BMT is announced.
Depending upon how many cars register for the event, usually three or four tour groups are lined up and their departure times staggered. This is to prevent having 34-45 cars following one leader. About half-way in the AM and PM tours, pit stops are scheduled for restroom breaks. Each driver has the option to change groups at pit stops and the lunch break, but must get approval from the Group Leader of the group they want to join. Each group has a Sweep car which will stop and assist any BMT car that has to drop out of their Group. At some point during the BMT all 3-4 groups will assemble together for group pictures. For lunch each group normaly will stop at the same restaurant and a different restaurant for supper (each person is responsible for payment of food costs).
BMT participants that have long drives from home usually arrive on the Friday before the BMT event and many spend Saturday night and return home on Sunday.
For more information on BMT events, check out some of the comments, pictures and videos of previous BMT events on this S2Ki thread.

Jerome
Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Welcome I'm.new also but have already got a lot of good information.

Quick Reply: New S2k owner