Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Need help/opinions

Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/opinions

As some of you know I replaced the motor in my car due to an oil incident. The incident was I was stupid enough to let someone else do my oil, oil plug didn't go all the way back in, oil drained out while driving, tadaaaaa blown motor. They don't know exactly what happened to the motor, just that it would be easier to replace it. So I did. And now I have an f20 just chilling in my carport. It has all the cams and pieces parts in a box with it. I was going to keep the motor and rebuild it with a s/c attached that way if anything happened to the s/c motor I would have the one that is in the car now as a spare. Long story short, I want to sell the blown f20 but have no idea what to ask for it. I need some help
Old 05-28-2007, 03:32 PM

I'm pretty much in the same boat, and seeing as its not a working engine, I'd rather not ask a good price to a potential buyer. I'm looking to sell my shortblock for around $1000, and definitely willing to negotiate. My fourth piston wall is scored and needs resleeving, but yah i dont wanna hijack your thread sooo.... 1k to ~1500? I would say thats a reasonabl price.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:23 PM

anyone else? agree with rebel? difference in opinions?? (thx rebel!)
Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 AM

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

stef, i would at least do what i wanted to do with nicole's blown motor.

tear it completely down (if its not that way already)....take the block to womacks...get them them to make sure it CAN be fixed. i can talk to dibble over there to see what they would charge since its right down the road. i would get the block back to operating specs and THEN sell it. that way, you have all the paper work and you know you're selling a good block with paper work. ive already been through this so let me know what you want to do.

i wanted to put it my 240
Old 05-29-2007, 05:07 AM

You two might want to get together and see if you can't create one good motor from your two bad ones. Then you can split the difference of a working engine. Just a thought!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 AM

I don't want to put forth any money or effort in this thing I just want someone to get it out of my carport..LOL. I know it's capable of being fixed because Honda was talking to the responsible party about just rebuilding it originally. I just want to know what a fair asking price is to get it off my hands.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 PM

I'm almost positive that if her engine malfunctioned because of no oil that most likely there's a bent rod or scored piston wall - much like mine. So two working heads and two blown blocks probably wouldn't be the best way to make a complete engine :-P. I too am just wanting to get this out and will sell it complete for a cheap price or part it out for cheap price(s).

This might be off topic, but thats the first compliment ive gotten from an LSU fan :-P... Rebel = ole miss :-P
Old 05-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

i would front the money to either of you to have the block rehoned and checked if you cut me in on some of the profit when it sold
Old 05-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Nil PM me with details on that offer

and Rebel who said I'm an LSU fan???
Old 05-29-2007, 06:18 PM

Its no good, I will take it off your hands

Quick Reply: Need help/opinions