Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Mitsubishi Evo?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitsubishi Evo?

Over the past few days I've been quite bored at work, so I've been looking at different STI and Evo videos on youtube. I was thinking about test driving one this weekend. My question: are they really worth it? I mean would it be justifiable to spend the money on one? I've never driven or even rode in a turbocharged car. Let alone an AWD car. My S is the first RWD car I've driven and I love it. I was just wondering how different it is with AWD and a turbo. I know this is kind of a dumb thread but please bare with me. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've driven an Evo VIII that was decently modified, and the power is awesome. Complaints about the 8 (I hear the 9-10's are better): Really dated looking interior, ride is more harsh than an S2000 IMO, typical mitsubishi problems: brakes, transmissions, electrical....
Awesome cars, but neither they, nor the STi really appeal to me, but of course that is just my opinion.
Cool car, fun to drive.
Again this is only regarding the Evo VIII, I know the IX were improved upon, especially the interiors. The X looks like a badass
Old 03-25-2008, 06:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im opposite i love the EVO 8 and was actually thinking bout trading in my S for one a while back since i have a little one now. I have talked myself out since then, just with turbod vehicles its so easy to get power out of them being that they are restrcited. Now that i have the S paid off i am not going to get rid of it
Old 03-25-2008, 12:35 PM

thanks for the input guys. Are there any other cars that are as much fun to drive as the s? Just a general discussion.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:06 PM

I just drove the Evo X and I have to say its pretty dam nice. The interior has been steped way up and the exterior is jaw dropping. When I've had my fun with the S this will be a strong contender. BTW the torque was neck breaking.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:09 PM

To be fair I also drove the new STI... it blew. Subaru is going to have a lot of these sitting on their lot.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 PM

What I don't like about my car(2003):large turn radius, notchy gear box,no cruise control, brakes are peeling, paint sucks.
What I dislike about the S: blind spots with top on, no torque,small trunk.
I'm not going to bother to list the pros of either car. Conclusion is that the S makes a fun weekend car but highly impractical.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 PM

I went to crain mitsubishi in little rock, and they tried to sell me one. I took a look at it, and was immediatly turned off by the 4500lb weight. Honestly im not that impressed. All mitsubishi did was give an evo the same hp as it used t have, made it bigger and more luxurious to compete with BMW, Audi, etc.The STi im still unsure of, mainly because its a wagon. Im a huge fan of the oldschool 22b Sti(2door.) I just think it looks silly. If either company made a 2-door 2-seater id probably buy one. Right now my intrest leans towards the BMW 135i wich costs as much as a new evo, but has the 6-cylinder and two turbo's. As far as my S, i daily drive it, and my wife has a miata, but i have never had any practicality issues.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ werd, impracticality is in the mind of the driver.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same here and i have a little one. we just work it around were if i am off i watch the baby and dont go anywhere

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Evo?