Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Hit n' Run Victem

Old 01-19-2010, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit n' Run Victem

Well, I come into work on Saturday to learn that a coworker I had worked with for 5 years was murdered by his girlfriend that morning. He had a shift that day for 11 AM and after not showing they called, left a voicemail, returned call came from BAFB to inform us he had been murdered. Once I found out I was really upset. One of the guys our managers told took it so hard he went outside and had to cool off. They walked out with him. While standing with him, they noticed my car had a "dent" on the side. They called me to tell me and I was like, well, I know of a dent on my door. And they were like well we see that but it looks like someone actually hit your car man in the back. We park about 100 yards from the front door of Best Buy. So I began to walk over and from the front door I saw this.

Now like I said, we park 100 yards back. Customers usually park close the store. When I got to the store that morning at 10AM I parked next to another employee. She drives a Excursion that is about 12 ft tall. She parked facing out. Immediately I knew it was her that did it. Her truck is so big she probably didn't see my car and took a hard right pulling out of the parking lot and her rear right tire caught my bumper. I have one witness that said he heard a loud pop when she drove off. I called my insurance company and the police. She wouldn't answer her phone for about 2 hours and finally she called my manager back. He told her what happened and asked her to come up to the store. The cop and I looked at her car and on the tire we suspected found a scuff mark and a clean spot on her rim. The problem was, she denied it, there was no paint, and with there not being paint there is nothing I can do.

Target is the only ones who have cameras but the cop told me that you wont be able to see that far back much less in another stores parking lot.

So I'm stuck with a $1000 deductible and a busted up bumper. I'm going to try and pop it back out myself but she did scratch my tail light a big also.

Just kills me, love my car and people have no damn respect.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow man that is unfortunate. What was his name?

Like I said man look around for a used bumper. Hopefully someone can chime in with one and you can pick it up. Good luck cheif!

p.s. call my cell now when the iphone comes in I got another phone while mine is being fixed
Old 01-19-2010, 07:42 AM

Any tips on removing the rear bumper. I'm going to take it off for now and see if I can push the dent back out. Not enough space for me to do it while the bumper is on. I noticed 3 clips underneath the trunk.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:29 AM

There is 2 screws in each fender well, 2 screws underneath the car, and those screws that were in the trunk. Also you have to take the license plate light off. I did the AP2 rear bumper upgrade and I got a brand new Ap2 rear bumper from SI motorsports for $326.99, and the square tow hook cover for $10. I got mine painted at precision auto body and it cost $299.99. It sucks to hear about the dude dying, and your car. Every time I go to that Best buy I always park by your car. I drive a 02 NFR
Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 AM

Ditto with what freak said. Just look for a new one cheif or if you want a new one let me know. I can get Chase to give you employee price.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man Colin,
Sorry to hear on both accounts: friend and car.

Can always try Kirk's families Body shop. Raney's Auto painting. They do cash discounts.
Hit me up if I can help man, I'll do what I can.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM

Man I'm sorry to hear that. I agree that some people just don't have any respect these days. I always have my eyes glued to it when I pass it on my way to bbuy because it's always looking clean. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:56 PM

/CRY!!!

Hate to see this happen to anyone, especially another LBP owner. Hope that "Bia" gets what's she desirves one day.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am reasonably connected with the local Toyota dealership. Their body shop is supposed to be quite good. Let me know if I can help. I will go to bat for you.

Keith
Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by globallyoff,Jan 21 2010, 01:17 AM
I am reasonably connected with the local Toyota dealership. Their body shop is supposed to be quite good. Let me know if I can help. I will go to bat for you.

Keith
There body shop is great Colin ask Idan about his Celica. They made that thing look brand freaking new. Color matched to a "T".

Quick Reply: Hit n' Run Victem