Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Delta Region Autocross Sunday May 24th, 2009

Old 05-25-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did terribly but im learning ^.^ diffidently ill be back out there next time.

1st 61. pushed it wayyyyyy to hard lol
2nd 50. took it alil easier
3rd 51. almost spun out =p

then i couldnt do the 2nd heat cuz of graduation =[

hopefully ill be getting my new tires in soon. has anyone ever tried the kuhmos XS? my current set up is kuhmos AXS 205/something/17 and 225 in the back.

but it was fun. thanks for all the advice guys =]
Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by awkwardturtle,May 25 2009, 03:29 PM
i did terribly but im learning ^.^ diffidently ill be back out there next time.

1st 61. pushed it wayyyyyy to hard lol
2nd 50. took it alil easier
3rd 51. almost spun out =p

then i couldnt do the 2nd heat cuz of graduation =[

hopefully ill be getting my new tires in soon. has anyone ever tried the kuhmos XS? my current set up is kuhmos AXS 205/something/17 and 225 in the back.

but it was fun. thanks for all the advice guys =]
The XS's are supposed to be a phenomenal tire, and they are priced very low. I believe Benson and I will both be buying a set of them.

Try to get larger than stock sizes if you have the means.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 PM

lol yeah prolly at the end of the year win i work up the money. might try 215 front and 255 back
Old 05-25-2009, 07:30 PM
bky

The provisional STR class for 2010 will have a 245mm maximum tire size. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:37 AM

Remember guys "pushing" is usually a driving style issue not a car issue. Yes cars are built to "push" from the factory but can be driven around that.. Let someone else drive your car or ride with someone.. Usually you can brake early or turn early to get rid of the push..

Cenla should be holding a school later this year..

Nice driving everyone!

Kerry
Weekend car whore.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 AM
bky

Agreed, my driving style was too loose on my 3rd run, and I was also pushing in the hard turns. Lifting a tire too. On my 4-6th runs, I didn't change anything on the setup and just adapted. I did have a little push, but slowing down solved that (faster time too).
Old 05-26-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bky,May 26 2009, 05:26 AM
Agreed, my driving style was too loose on my 3rd run, and I was also pushing in the hard turns. Lifting a tire too. On my 4-6th runs, I didn't change anything on the setup and just adapted. I did have a little push, but slowing down solved that (faster time too).
My driving style may have made the problem worse, but the understeer I was experiencing for the first 4 runs was definitely due to the damping and tire pressures.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 PM

there was 7 s2000 drivers. lol black guy in the silverstone

fastest I got out there was a 49.3 , I was talking with a few guys out there and they told me the first mod should be tires ( R-Comps). I needed some help with a few things out there like my braking and the speed I was entering the turn at. I think that was the reason I spun out going into the 1st turn. ( braking and turning don't work).

see you guys at the next event.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by georgeax,May 26 2009, 05:34 PM
there was 7 s2000 drivers. lol black guy in the silverstone

fastest I got out there was a 49.3 , I was talking with a few guys out there and they told me the first mod should be tires ( R-Comps). I needed some help with a few things out there like my braking and the speed I was entering the turn at. I think that was the reason I spun out going into the 1st turn. ( braking and turning don't work).

see you guys at the next event.
Whoever told you to buy R-comps as your first "mod" gave you some VERY bad advice. The main reason I purchased them was for use at NPR and EVOC, but being able to use them at autocrosses is a bonus. Not to mention that my last two events on street tires were within 2 seconds of the FTD.
I'm about to stop using them and go back to street tires, because they are hiding some bad driving on my part.

Also, I wouldn't suggest doing many other "mods" because most of them will put you in classes that you are completely unprepared for.... and you will never be competitive within your class. I'm in SSM because of my hood and some "trimming" that I didn't even do. Consequently I am forced to compete against cars that are much more prepared than mine is.

Put careful thought into this. Don't take advice from others that you talk to at autocrosses. I would highly recommend consulting delta officials about any mods that you want to do.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:27 AM

I ran street tires for a year before switching to R-comps. I am glad I did. I had a great day behind the wheel with a 39.1.

I may get some street tires to play around in the new class. We will see.

Quick Reply: Delta Region Autocross Sunday May 24th, 2009