kinky
Old 05-20-2009, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by georgeax,May 20 2009, 05:46 PM
with a bowl of pho hoa right lol.
kinky ... yet delicious
Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 PM

come wash ur car Saturday mornin, and we lll discuss more =]. maybe breakfast at pho hoa then off to the tracks
Old 05-23-2009, 12:41 PM

woooooo 2maro morninggggggggggggggggggggggg =]
Old 05-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Make sure to adjust your muffler bearings before tomorrow. If they are too far out of spec, they need to be replaced. Head on down to Autozone and pick up a few of their high performance muffler bearings (it can't hurt to have extras). Also make sure that your johnson rods are functioning properly. Autozone also carries those, and they even stock the new, lightweight, titanium ones.

See you kids bright and early!
Old 05-23-2009, 05:09 PM

It's going to suck if it rains tomorrow. My NT-01's are worn flat. That's not good.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
bky

My axle is making funny noises. Well, something is making funny noises. When it breaks, I'll know what it was.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by bky,May 23 2009, 08:02 PM
My axle is making funny noises. Well, something is making funny noises. When it breaks, I'll know what it was.
That's how I diagnose things.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM
bky

*aftermath*
There were six S2000 drivers that raced:
Jeff & Roberta in their CR, Xaiver, Chris, Mike, and myself.

I brought out my smaller, older tires (225 on 7"/245 on 8") because I'm saving my bigger setup (245 on 8", 275 on 9") for track days. Going in tight circles with big rubber seems to stress out my differential more.

Fronts are ancient Hoosier S04. They were flat when I got the car back on the ground, and I brought them up to 26 psi. Rears are V710 and about 2 years old. Not the best setup I have, but it's still fun for autocross and gives me a challenge. Plus, how else would I use them up?

I hadn't driven my own car at Solo since last November, so I was pretty rusty. First run I lost all steering response in the hard lefts. I thought that the flat tire I had in the morning might be a fast leak, so I came to a stop and asked a corner station is my tires were flat. They were not, so it was just a matter of massive slip angles on cold tires. Warming them up a bit help, and Andrew didn't get much of a passenger ride (48 second run).

My second run still had massive understeer with a 41.0. Since my front sway bar was set to the 4th stiffest setting of 6, I opted to soften it up a bit. I've never run on the 6th position, and realized that I could not get the end links to articulate that far while the spherical bearings were out of plane. Even if they reached, they would probably have a lot of bind . I really need a sub-bracket to handle the offset and put the bearings in the same axis. So I unhooked the bar completely. I also put put more air in the fronts.

Third run still had some push on entry, but it was getting much better. Problem was the snap oversteer on exit. I turned a 40.5+1. I was done screwing with everything so I was just going to drive it better from here on.

4th run after the break was with a passenger, and I was still out of position for the critical turns. 40.1+1, but I was getting use to the car again. 5th run with a passenger again, 39.9 clean and still way out of position and too low in 2nd gear.

6th run was where I went back down to 1st gear got the tight stuff. This worked out much better because I got a slower, tighter entry on a much better line, and had the benefit of much more power on a straighter exit. Win-Win, except that driving at the top of 1st gear is a bit hairy, especially when I didn't have the front swap bar to help calm the chassis. It was good for a 39.3, and I kick myself for not downshifting earlier in the day with the front bar connected. I'd say their was another half-second or so in my car with my driving ability: i needed more runs to make it work. I do miss the big tires, but I learned a lot about tuning the front end for next year's STR class. I recognized my driving problems too late, but knowing is half the battle. Next time!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:12 AM

I drove very poorly yesterday. My head just wasn't in it. I finally got the car acting semi-properly in the second heat with some damping adjustments and tire pressure changes, but my driving just wasn't up to par. You win some and you lose some.

40.3 was just unacceptable. Oh well. Until next time.

Quick Reply: Delta Region Autocross Sunday May 24th, 2009