Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Community Organizer (CO) nominee

Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Francis, if you are there.. what is your input on this? i wanna make sure your still alive! there are vultures out there waiting on your position.

.. Hopefully Francis replies by April 8 Friday, if not, ill get with the Admin.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Who's the KREWE?

Where is the thread of the CO's stepping down?
Where is the nominations thread asking community members for input?

Who is who
Old 04-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What up baaaaybeh? Who is you?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the krewe the Biloxi chapter...
Old 04-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Just to answer your questions, The KREWE is referring to members on the NOLA forum aka S2KREWE. Im sure you know a couple of them.

This THREAD is the thread about the member's input with nominations & the current CO stepping down.

What I wanna know is, who is HONDAGAL ?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:23 PM

just for clarification HONDAGAL is the one of the SUPERMODS, she holds the hierarchy of S2Ki in her palms.

as for myself, i don't care either way. just for the records, i did not step down, nor have i been in any dialogue for the CO nomination. if GQED wishes to become CO, a thread to discuss the situation should've been created. if the rest of the s2krewe members wish for my departure, i will not oppose. also, do not expect my resignation, because just like khadafi, i will not step down

if everyone feels the same way, lets start a poll... someone, preferably pawpaw504, start a poll with one option as new CO and the other option as same CO. according to the results of said poll, we will begin a new poll with nominating a new CO.

my personal suggestion is to impose a 2 year term with votes every 1 year to elect a new CO, with the remaining CO to become the 'senior CO'
ex.
1. Francis = Senior CO, Paul = CO
2. people of S2Krewe votes which of the two CO will stay. winner become Senior CO, second place becomes CO
3. people of S2Krewe nominate candidates to run against CO
4. runoff between winning candidate and CO
5. winner then becomes CO
6. party it up to welcome the new CO
Old 04-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

No one contacted me, I was patrolling and found this thread. I have an interest in the communities, the CO's and the process. It is important to ensure the communities survive and continue to enjoy the S2000.

Take a read of this short blurb, that is posted in our CO forum. It will help folks understand the commitment.

The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.

CO Election Steps.

1. A nomination thread is required to determine who is interested in the role of CO.
2. Once the nominees have been selected, a poll thread with the nominees will be opened.
3. After a new CO has been determined, a request in the CO forum to assign the new CO, and the link to both the nomination thread and poll will need to be posted. Without this, an Admin will not make the change.

Requests without a proper vote, vote counts via PM, or any other deviations from the steps listed above will not count.