Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

What cellular service to get...

Old 11-11-2004, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What cellular service to get...

Well, my contract with Sprint is up at the end of the month. What are you guys/gals using? Sara has T-Mobile and they are a bit cheaper. One thing I must say about Sprint is the coverage. I can go all the way to CA with never losing a signal, and it helped on a previous drive when no one else had service. (cough, Wil) Just curious if there is anything better. I might just call to cancel and have their retention dept. lower my monthly bill. I have been with Sprint since 98. I went to T-Mobile last year and ended up going back to Sprint because the phone really sucked and I got stuck into signing another year contract.

I would like to get the Motorola V-600 phone, and that phone isn't offered with Sprint. The T-Mobile store will price match any ad, and I found the V-600 at
www.foncentral.com for next to nothing.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:40 AM

My Sprint service is a little iffy around town, but no real complaints. My wife has AT&T which she likes and which I liked when I had it. It's probably pricier than the other carriers, but the coverage is good.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:40 PM

I have ATT and they are OK. I seem to have a lot of dropped calls mid sentence. That pisses me off and they are more expensive. But I am on their older cell towers as it is a work phone and I have has my # forever. I can normally call anybody from anywhere.

-Lee
Old 11-11-2004, 02:22 PM

Sprint PCS....

Every call is clear......to yourself.....you can hear YOU.
If I see that trenchcoat MF I'll kick him square in the nutz!!

RANT OFF

ATT GSM may be the way to go now 1.9 ghz and 850 mhz GSM. More coverage than TMO.

Amazon.com has a load of free TMO and ATT GSM phones fo free.

No complaints about TMO here. It works good in PHX, like crap in the boonies.

Can you hear me now?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:46 PM

I have AT&T, but not the GSM phone. I get dropped at my house and no one can hear me unless I walk outside.

I have full signal strength, but ?!?

Drives me nuts.

But I can say this:
Sprint sucks at least in the past
Nextel sucks bigtime - I had one day where EVERY call was dropped - the Moto phone was sturdy though - I tossed one across my office and it survived, until I drove over it...
Old 11-12-2004, 06:37 AM

I have been with ATT for 4 years now... I have had good service... I rarely get a dropped call. I actually have a V600 that I used for 6 months... I have now switched to a Nokia 6220... will make you a good deal in the V600 (and an un-used sim card) if you decide to go with ATT and try it out (coming in with a phone will cut down on your contract requirement time).
Old 11-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Doc

Originally Posted by walkabt,Nov 11 2004, 09:46 PM
Nextel sucks bigtime - I had one day where EVERY call was dropped - the Moto phone was sturdy though - I tossed one across my office and it survived, until I drove over it...
I haven't had problems with Nextel. Good coverage for me and I have been using it 2 years now and the coverage improved each year. Not great in extreme outlying areas, and won't roam outside the nextel network. It is pricey, so if it isn't covered by work, I wouldn't get it as a personal phone.

ATT was good for me in the past too, I also actually had good experience with Verizon, but that was when they were new and trying to get new customers - don't know how they are now.

JJ
Old 11-12-2004, 06:35 PM

Gotta go GSM, I have ATT next generation (gsm) and Im very happy with it. I heard they merged with cingular too. I think pretty much any gsm provider will be pretty similar, it just depends on which company has a plan that fits you the best and the customer service. I have had good luck with ATT customer service when I had a ton of txt message charges show up on my bill and they credited back my account.

SIM cards are the best invention ever, also with GSM, you can use any providers towers. When I go out of town and there is no att network, my phone can pick up T-mobile, cingular, and other gsm towers. If you have the plan with free roaming, Im pretty sure you can use them with no additional charges.

Amazon does have really amazing deals on phones, I got my phone there for like -$100, yes negative, after rebate. It's a Sony Ericsson T637, and I really like it. Flip phones are played out btw.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:38 PM

Have had verizon and T mobile for past couple yrs: have never had a call dropped w/ Verizon, except when next to the XRAY equipment in Radiation-Oncology. Have had good luck w/ T mobile: have it for my kids. The calls always go through. I like T mobile.. get more 600 minutes plus free evenings and weekends: best plan ever, esp. for my phone boys!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:39 PM

Have had verizon and T mobile for past couple yrs: have never had a call dropped w/ Verizon, except when next to the XRAY equipment in Radiation-Oncology. Have had good luck w/ T mobile: have it for my kids. The calls always go through. I like T mobile.. get more 600 minutes plus free evenings and weekends: best plan ever, esp. for my phone boys!

Quick Reply: What cellular service to get...