Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Turbo Kit Opinions

Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Kit Opinions

Hello gentleman, Ive been considering a turbo kit for the s2 for a while now. I just have a couple of questions. Ive looked at PFAB turbo kit, AFI turbo kit and the new SOS turbo kit they are offering right now. Which one do you guys think is the best bang for the buck? Any input would be great! Im looking to get around 400-450whp and possibly increase over time.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

Go do a ton of reading in the forced induction forum. There should be answers to all of your questions there.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Site Moderator

Received 354 Likes on 308 Posts

Talk to the BAWSS.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 PM

I've done readings, and researched the turbo kits, and PFAB seems to be a very good kit. Obviously I would need an engine management/fuel system apart with that. Just looking for everyones input and such.

I will take a look at BAWSS thank you!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Before we get too much farther, what's your budget?
Old 05-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Enjoy Racing
The best piece of advice I can give anyone is find a tuner and talk to them about what you should get and what they are comfortable tuning. This will save you a lot of money and headache in the long run. You need to find out the following:

+What experience does your tuner have with s2000s?
+What system does the tuner prefer to tune? Aem, kpro, or haltech
+What injectors does he prefer to tune, what does he avoid?
+What power level is he comfortable tuning it to? I rarely ever see a 91 octane stock engine s2000 past 400 whp out here. Most are between 300-350.

Once you have that figured out, then you can move onto turbo kits
I have worked on many different setups. Full-race, inline pro, greddy, mase, Peak boost, and a few others. I have not seen or experienced SoS's new turbo kit, but if its anything like some of their other stuff Im sure it will be TITTS! As of right now, my favorite street setup is the Full-race Ram-horn with a gt30r. Its simple, proven, and reliable. This kit would be good for over 500whp on e85 with the right injector and fuel pump. Though its not as pretty as a pfab top mount, it still looks good and works great! Its easy to build heat shielding to prevent heat from destroying the fusebox or battery.

Other things to heavily consider is after install support. If a manifold cracks, a part breaks, or you have questions its nice to have local people to go and talk to who will help figure out your issues.

The last piece of advice I can give is, BUY a daily driver. IF you dont have one, get one. It will help on those days when something fails.

This = Best FI advice period. I would estimate roughly $10k to do it right... Clutch / Injectors / Turbo Manifold / Turbo / Engine Management / Tuning / Misc
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was trying to decide between full race and AFI and ended up going with AFI to save some money which was a mistake at this point because I placed the order on 2-21-13 and still haven't received it yet. Supposedly it will be done by the end of next week but I've heard that quite a few times I'm sure ill be happy with it when it finally shows up. My suggestion would be full race because that's the route I should of gone. Just like TEHSTIG said plan on about 10k plus a new rear end and trans if you plan on beating it up. I'm at 7k right now and still need a fuel pump, clutch, gauges, and valvetrain for the goals I'm looking for.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends, do you know how to do things yourself, or are you going to have a shop do it?

Figure it like this:

Turbo: GTX3076R $1600 (everyone gets hard about the borg warners, I don't understand how they can forget how many failed and exploded)
oil and water lines using AN $150
Manifold: $600-1200+ (cheapy you will need to take off and weld or something that isn't crap)
Wastegate $225
BOV or diverter valve $200-250
Downpipe? $350 (custom fabbed, if this were me I'd do the vband TIAL housing, but that's more money, and you run into manifold issues)
Injectors (I source 1600's for $360, built from brand new JECS parts same place as 99% of everyone else minus the retarded markup)
Fuel rail $100ish (Ebay one will work. A fuel rail is a FUEL RAIL)
AN lines $300 minimum, use earls
Aeromotive FPR $180
Ecu $1000-2000 (hondata or haltec, AEMs are not bad either)
Tune $450 a tune @ UMS from Tony
Walbro 460 $170
Clutch $800-1600 (regular or twin disk)
Air to air intercooler - custom piping $350-4
Custom intercooler & mounted $250-1000 (depending on core) or you can do badass air to water
Air filter $100

I like to do things myself, and I love looking in my engine bay and seeing AN lined badassedness. If this were a kit it would easily be 13-14k. It also depends on what you're willing to do yourself.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We don't have our system published yet, however, after considerable experience with other systems, we feel quite strongly that our system will be the best for most customers. It is the only twin scroll system that does not require removal/relocation/cutting, etc. of the factory heat shield, battery, A/C lines, relocation of the oil filter, etc. It also has probably one of the longest most thorough development cycles of any system available including over 40 sprint & time trial races.

Not to mention, we have a significant promotion for one car left to finish our installation manual. Seems like a no brainer to me. Drop us a line if you have any questions.