Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Tragedy on the 202

Old 09-07-2013, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a lot of factors that go into accidents and how they're handled, so no one claim is like another. Iv seen and heard of many claims being reopened if injuries weren't taken care of 100% since that's the ultimate job of the insurance company, to restore what was there before the time of loss. Sounds like this particular claim will be a PITA because of all the craziness. I agree to not settle for anything too soon as to make sure everything gets handled properly.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bummer. hope you feel better, and get back on the road in style.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:17 PM
AZH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry. Hope you get better soon and fix or find a new S.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, I got stuck in the aftermath of that for half an hour at least. The debris from the roll over was strewn about 1/8 of a mile down the freeway. It was twilight and I thought I caught a smashed up S out of the corner of my eye on the right side just where the traffic cleared. That sucks, man. Good luck with this - hope it works out ok.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by azhole
Hi all,

rough week for me and the car I love. Got hit by the trifecta of lawlessness on the 202 early in the week. Guy was road-raging, and did not see backed-up traffic ahead of him cause he was too busy flipping someone else off. He had an open container AND a kid in the truck. The last of the trifecta is that it was not his truck (cops are looking for the owner). A meteor might as well have hit my car as far as insurance is concerned I am afraid.

After he hit me, he rolled his truck twice, and hit at least one more vehicle before coming to a stop. He was likely at full freeway speed, launched me and the S to about 50mph really fast, and I was somehow able to maneuver through the stopped traffic and avoid the other cars through two lanes. Everyone made it out alive from what I know, but I have a concussion and some lingering back/neck issues that should resolve themselves though chemistry and rest. I am lucky I did not get sandwiched between him and the car in front of me.

Not sure what will happen to my AP2, but I am not really hopeful that all this missed the frame. I have a nice ripple in the front q/p even though there was no impact up front. Seat does not work, and at least one of the wheels has a flat spot on them from the impact (can only imagine what that did to the suspension). Door had to be pried open before they could get me out and into the ambulance. Airbags did not deploy due to the rear impact only (nice design allowing me to recover and avoid other obstacles).

I could use some advice from the forum in a couple of different areas:

1. Suggestions on a body shop (if we get to that point). I have heard _________ mentioned in the forum. Others? I want someone who knows about the car to work on it with good references from the forum.

2. Estimation on what the "car" might be worth in parts if I have a chance to buy it back. It is an 2007 with ~47kmi. I might consider rebuying it and parting it out to fund the next one. Mods under the hood is K&N intake and some cosmetics. A babied drivetrain until this happened. I am not sure if there is someone on the forum that needs an engine or trans, but this one was in perfect working order.

3. Any advice on paths forward to get the most out of a devastating situation would be helpful on dealing with insurance, etc. I have no expectation that the responsible party will actually start acting responsibly.

I have started a search for a new S just in case (can't yet justify an NSX). If you happen by one of note, then let me know. This one was special, and I am already jonesing for a VTEC fix.....the accord and Ody just don't seem to give me the same effect, Suburban has no variable valves that I know of.

It could have been worse I am sure. The S did an amazing job of keeping the cockpit in tact, thank God for that. By the way, there was another BB S2k in the lot with front damage...rough week for the s2k population...hope they are the last for a good long while.

-Shaun
Sorry to hear that. Highways are getting too dangerous with high speed drivers. I'm glad there is more DPS on the roads these days.

1. Check out body pros collision in Gilbert. They don't take shortcuts and good work.

2. Once you get an estimate from agent ask him. They usually have industry sites they use on damaged cars. Also check Craigslist.

3. Talk to Marcus.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 09-14-2013, 11:40 AM

Hi all,

thanks for the well wishes and advice. They are most probably going to consider it a total loss. I am collecting info on all the upgrades that are on the car for the upcoming negotiation. Sure wish I could figure out an easy way to get those calipers off (40 hours of painting/sanding work by me).

I am 90% sure that I will be getting another S, just need to find the right one. Anyone know anything about the 06 boosted Suzuka on cars.com? Seems like a pricing anomaly considering the work that has been done.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Good luck. I troll CL daily for s2000's and parts so if I see something good I'll send it on over.
On a side note idk why this car is so expensive
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4038297624.html
Old 09-14-2013, 10:44 PM

Sell me your blue fender lol
Old 09-15-2013, 08:57 PM

Boofster,

I might make a play for buying the chassis back depending on if they give me anything for the upgrades. Wasn't it drivers side that you needed? That is the side that is F'd up. Anyone need a motor/trans? I am willing to do some work while I wait for the right S to come along...might as well spend the fall ripping apart my baby as an organ donor....Laguna Blue, front end completely in tact except for front driver side quarter panel.....rear, not so much. Cabin in good condition unless they left it wide open during the rain. Let me know what you need, and I will start to inquire on how much the souvenir of this wonderful experience would be.

Also as an update, the cops can't seem to find the owner of the truck...GO FIGURE!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:25 AM

If you do a partout/organ donation, I need a trans. Maybe seats, floor mats.

Quick Reply: Tragedy on the 202