Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

September 14 AutoX Event

Old 09-15-2014, 03:43 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Good to know. Is it classroom or do you actually do some driving?
Old 09-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Originally Posted by leshiro99
• Novice: A Novice is defined as someone who has less than one year of experience in autocross, has entered less than 6 events in the AZ Region and who has not received a trophy in any class/category in an AZ Region autocross. Competitors in the Novice class may ride with others prior to their own competition runs without penalty. This rule is to encourage Novice competitors to learn from more experienced drivers and reduce DNF's and getting lost on course in their first few events. So it's ok to ride along before the run if you are in novice. I didn't know untill I'm out of novice..
Where can I find the rules around classes for the AZ region? This is good to know. I'm thinking of doing the Nov. 1 Novice school at AMP.
They run off the SCCA Solo Rules

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...nd%20links.pdf
Old 09-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is sparking some enthusiasm in the Autocross sport by looking into this thread, keep in mind that the School the SCCA puts on is basically the BEST bang for your buck Autocrossing school you can find! about 12 runs in one day, without a bunch of time in between a set of runs. Even vetrans sign up bc the seat time and level of coaching you can get done in 12 runs is really nice.

I will most likely be instructing at the school. If we didn't need instructors, I'd be signing up myself to get instruction and fine tune my car and skillz. Some of the people we have are National Champs / of that caliber. I am not quite that caliber but all my students end up go faster and start having more fun with the sport. After the class, it's often easier for students to become more competitive in their classes later.

IF you really want to take things to the next level of coaching, there is a Evolution Performance Driving school for Autocross. They have 3 for the newer people levels. You get even more seat time at these events and all the instructors are National Champ caliber.
http://www.evoschool.com/schools

I've done the EVO stage 1 school twice so you know its good! The second time my instructors basically treated it like a stage II though.
Next year I will likely be doing more of the advanced classes in a 2 day format.

Sometimes Arizona will setup a test n tune day in Marana. Watch out for that if you want some un-adulterated fun while making setup changes to your car. some people offer coaching there as well but focus on setup.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fokker
Originally Posted by s2k4life_az' timestamp='1410823379' post='23332182
• Novice: A Novice is defined as someone who has less than one year of experience in autocross, has entered less than 6 events in the AZ Region and who has not received a trophy in any class/category in an AZ Region autocross. Competitors in the Novice class may ride with others prior to their own competition runs without penalty. This rule is to encourage Novice competitors to learn from more experienced drivers and reduce DNF's and getting lost on course in their first few events. So it's ok to ride along before the run if you are in novice. I didn't know untill I'm out of novice..
Where can I find the rules around classes for the AZ region? This is good to know. I'm thinking of doing the Nov. 1 Novice school at AMP.
They run off the SCCA Solo Rules

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...nd%20links.pdf
Actually, we do have some supplemental rules but it mainly revolves around classing and mixing of classes into a special category
http://www.azsolo.com/backup/index.p...lemental-rules

modification rules are to the SCCA book though.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hphkZLB7S1E&
Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks Ryan. Going to sign up for the Nov school. Nice run Michael.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Do you register for the Novice School through the AZ Solo site? I didn't see it listed on mindthecones.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:47 PM

Do you register for the Novice School through the AZ Solo site? I didn't see it listed on mindthecones.
I think it's just too early. We can't even register for October event yet.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

I think it's just too early. We can't even register for October event yet.
I meant it's not listed. You can scroll ahead to look at future events on mindthecones and it's only listing the Nov 2 event.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:39 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Good smooth run. I think if you ran a slightly wider line in the two sweepers you could carry more speed and pick up some time. Biggest difference I could see between our runs...

Quick Reply: September 14 AutoX Event