Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Saturday, June 21 - Drive to Sedona - Invitation from NSX club

Old 06-13-2003, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saturday, June 21 - Drive to Sedona - Invitation from NSX club

Hi everyone,

I received an invitation from the NSX club to join them on their drive to Sedona, next Saturday, June 21st.

If you are interested, we hope to have a signup soon. In the meantime, you can post here.

Not all the details are known yet. I just replied to the NSX community organizer.

Stay TUNED!

Old 06-13-2003, 04:23 PM
Doc

Go to

www.s2000arizona.com>Events

and sign up..

JJ
Old 06-13-2003, 04:25 PM

You are just too f---ing fast Doc!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:30 PM

Yea, Primatene Mist dosen't set in that quick!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:33 PM

So are you coming Wil? I just heard bad news, that Doc has a graduation he has to attend
Old 06-13-2003, 11:27 PM

Now you've done it!

The NSX club ( !!!) and I'm supposed to be hosting a dinner party that night (not like I can really cook!). Maybe we could get back in time to order out - think my guests would be insulted by a pizza? (when you care enough to serve the very best...)

I need the straight poop ASAP or I'll have to say no.

AMOK
Old 06-14-2003, 02:59 AM

Hello everyone. I am the organizer for this drive from the NSX group. Please allow me to shed some light on this event.

First of all, will someone please delete the link to my web page (and the route map)? I deliberately kept this information off of public sites/forums because I don't want the authorities to catch wind. I prefer to send all detailed info (including meeting location/times, map URLs, etc.) by private email. Thank you.

Secondly, this event has been in the works for over a month now (ever since I started this thread on NSX Prime). I was not aware until today that anyone other than NSXers were planning to join the drive. Now I am not opposed to this, but keep in mind that I have only made plans for a specific number of cars and people due to parking space & restaurant seating constraints. It is way too close to the actual drive for me to accommodate many more cars/people. What this means is, unless a majority of the NSXers object--and I will inquire & get back to you--you will probably be able to join us provided you agree to the following terms & conditions:

1) The S2K group shall make their own arrangements for parking and dining along the drive. As I've stated, I only made plans for the NSX group and do not have the time to change them.

2) NSX club compatible radios will absolutely be required due to safety and logistics issues. I have a source for renting these, but I do not know how many more they have in stock. I ask that the S2K coordinator determine how many are interested in joining us for the drive, and I will find out if there are a sufficient number of radios (or an alternate source). I will need this information early on in the week, so please keep that in mind and close the signup by Tuesday at the latest.

3) Please keep the cars to a reasonable & manageable number. We don't want our NSXs to be lost in a sea of S2000s. More importantly, we don't want to piss off any tourists and/or locals by overrunning their streets and parking lots. I would say no more than a dozen S2Ks for this particular run, due to the short notice (we can plan a larger group for future events). No last minute buddies showing up, please.

4) All participants must obey rules of the road. In addition, the following are some ground rules I have established for the NSX group; they will apply to the S2000 group as well:
  • Caravan speed - this shall be the lowest maximum speed at which anyone feels comfortable driving. (For me, it's usually 5mph over the speed limit, or slower--on winding roads.). Adhere to the speed set by the pace car; this is not a race. Remember, we are trying to enjoy the views, and more importantly return safe & sound w/o any tickets or accidents.

• Leave sufficient gaps between vehicles to allow for road debris, rocks, etc. You never know what might happen (this is also why the radios are important).

• If a car is left behind (due to traffic lights, etc.), the leading cars are to slow down or pull over and wait for the stragglers to catch up.

• If a car breaks down for any reason, at least one other vehicle should stay with that car until assistance arrives.

• If someone wants to stop for a photo/rest break, the entire group should be alerted so that everyone can stop at the next available safe spot.

There you have it. Sorry to be a spoilsport, but that is all I can realistically promise at this point. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:36 AM
Doc

All maps and links have been removed.

I accidentally deleted all signups in the process, so if you really still want to attend this event please sign up again....

I won't be there.

JJ
Old 06-14-2003, 07:58 AM

I told Kelvin we would pass this time. Maybe in the future with better preparation.

Based on his post I am not sure he was aware that his associate invited us.

I think it would be better to avoid any potential problems and hard feelings.