Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

S2000 Bug

Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peiserg
Originally Posted by Steven622' timestamp='1409206994' post='23305324
[quote name='peiserg' timestamp='1409177086' post='23304855']
675rwhp is in the 750 to 800 motor output range assuming 12 to 15 pct drive train losses.

My fgt made 854 rwhp which is 950 to 1000 motor using 12 to 15 pct again.
Seriously? Should I say my subaru will make 1100hp because of 900ish wheel? Please don't use crank hp unless you hooked that thing to an engine dyno ala Nelson Racing engines. Use wheel.

That being said, 600-700 wheel is pretty damn fast, but it isn't oh shit we're going plaid.

duly noted for future reference.. tho to be fair, without reviewing any of my previous posts, im pretty sure i indicate RWHP when talking rear wheel vs. BHP. And i do go straight by the numbers... i dont massage 20 pct drivetrain losses to eek out 1000 bhp or anything like that, i go by a pretty standard 12-15% which i think most people accept as normal.

though my RS6 has 25% losses, unbeleivable.. and that's pretty common i guess. Quattro i guess. meh.

On side note. 850 rwhp is enough to pull most bikes. hee.
[/quote]

Meh, from what I've found if you're talking to non-car people, crank/bhp, if they're car nuts, wheel. All that being said, yeah AWD drivetrain loss is quite a bit, but after being in 1000hp supras, mustangs and corvettes, it kinda feels like it's required at such high power levels, thus why I was looking at the Gallardo (as shitty as they may be). Nothing else is really in the segment that's AWD other than the R8, which is a gallardo.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would much rather have an R8 than a Gallardo. I don't have a enough muscles and spiked hair to drive a gallardo

I probably wont ever have R8 V10 money so I have no dog in this fight really. I could definitely get used to owning multiple cars though as I'd surely find a way to track them year round. I can't really buy into owning a car that expensive unless it's got some unique value or features over the competition at that price point. I'd much rather have a 2010+ Viper ACR than a Gallardo. Owning the last of the light Corvette Z06s sounds like a better idea than a Gallardo as well. The 2011 Carbon Edition Z06 is one bad ass ride. Last year 2012 Gransport would be a solid option as well although heavier than the Z06, the power is more useable and you can tone down the tires options to something that doesn't rip your face off around the track which will let you more safely exlpore the fine element of speed!

90-110K can afford many toy cars for this simple man, assuming I have room to park them.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:37 PM

The problem is the R8 weighs close to 3-400lbs more than a Gallardo. I've driven the new Viper and was really put off by it's looks in person (it looks really akward) and I thought it was a step back from the ACR Viper I drove just a few years ago (which was a BLAST).

The new C7's are actually pretty light, with the c7 being 3200 vs 3150 for the z06 carbon. They actually announced pricing on the z06 at $80k, and I'd be lying if I wasn't tempted to throw a deposit on one just so I can at minimum drive it.

All this being said, these cars aren't really "track weapons". If I was going to do one, I'd do a Factory 5 818

1800lbs based on a subaru platform;
Name:  jGrWoBa.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  46.4 KB

Edit: There's also the busa powered kitcar
Old 08-28-2014, 02:03 PM

HA! now you are thinking about a full on track weapon?

Last thing you need is a Subaru powered track car. Please give me your money. I no longer wish you to own a nice car.

If you are going to waste your money on a kit car, at least give SOS a chance to build you an all out S2000 track car. Another Widebody S2k out at the tracks would be cool!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:42 PM

I needed a shovel to get out of this thread.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:14 PM

I gotta say an sos bu it turbo s2k is pretty nice on the track. I have about 15k wOrth of track goodies into my S, with no power mods at all. It's so enjoyable on the track it's unbelievable. Can't wait to have sos massage the power. .. another e85 car in my garage lol... this will make 3 haha
Old 08-30-2014, 03:05 PM

I miss my s2000 man. Seriously. But I just didn't want to have to deal with the pricing of them. It bugs me to spend 8-10k on a beat to shit s2000 when I know I'll have to put atleast 20k into it to get it where I want it (suspension + power) and it won't be that nice to drive every day.

All this being said, this being my first foray into a German car, I can state a few other things that I've discovered;

- The community is absolutely retarded. such as;
--The hemming and hawing over the burger tuning cowl vents. It basically deletes your cowl and replaces the cabin air filter with 2 small ones and lets heat vent out the rear. People are afraid to run them because "water might get in the engine bay and fry stuff". Even more funny is people going back to stock because what someone said on the forums
-- They put the absolute most garbage quality parts on their cars "oh hey look at this ebay intercooler core, it's so much better than stock". http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761043 Look at the below picture I put in here
-- What does a bigger intercooler core for? Responses I've seen: It's for more power, it lowers your boost because it's a larger core, it helps on the top end

- The community doesn't understand how turbos work
-- NO WAY A GTX3076 CAN MAKE OVER 500HP NO WAY NO HOW (except the compressor map says it'll flow 65lbs/min)
-- Hurr durr hybrid turbos (Spend $5000 on a company swapping the center section in the factory compressor/turbine housing, barely make that much more power when you could just take it to a fabricator slap an EFR/GTX anything and make an ass ton of power
-- What's an efficiency range?
-- They don't understand how putting a bigger compressor wheel and not doing anything to a choked turbine side doesn't really help that much (but I gained 45rwhp!!) What's that, my backpressure is through the roof? That's not good for spool?
-- Even aftermarket companies sling shit at eachother on the forums and they seem to lack that much knowledge on turbochargers and how they work

- 500hp is apparently a lot of power. Not only that, these tards spend a ton of money just to hit that number when they could of just bought something that can actually make real power

- Has the same crap rear suspension design as a 350z

regarding the intercooler core;

Guess which one is stock