Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Random Wednesday Night Meet

Old 07-18-2012, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by berny2435
Originally Posted by RakAttk_GeezUms' timestamp='1342642173' post='21870528
Hey guys since I moved to east mesa for time being i'm goig to head over to Tempe Market Place when I get off at 6. So if anyone else has nothing better to do and wants to hit up Tempe early i'll be there
You could help me wash my car lol!
Actually i might not be around. Work sucks right now!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey I'm down, mine is filthy as well lol. Just hit my phone up if ya want some help
Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RakAttk_GeezUms' timestamp='[url="tel:1342642173"
1342642173[/url]' post='21870528]
Hey guys since I moved to east mesa for time being i'm goig to head over to Tempe Market Place when I get off at 6. So if anyone else has nothing better to do and wants to hit up Tempe early i'll be there
where abouts in east mesa are you? im down to hang out earlier. we could meet on the east side and cruise down together
Old 07-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by TomSolo
Originally Posted by RakAttk_GeezUms' timestamp='[url="tel:1342642173"
1342642173[/url]' post='21870528]
where abouts in east mesa are you? im down to hang out earlier. we could meet on the east side and cruise down together

For now i live one Recker and Brown but I'll be leaving work to head over which is on Country Club and between Southern and Broadway (Kelly's Kawasaki dealership).
Old 07-18-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RakAttk_GeezUms' timestamp='[url="tel:1342651480"
1342651480[/url]' post='21871003]
[quote name='TomSolo' timestamp='1342650639' post='21870969']
[quote name='RakAttk_GeezUms' timestamp='1342642173' post='21870528']
[/quote]

For now i live one Recker and Brown but I'll be leaving work to head over which is on Country Club and between Southern and Broadway (Kelly's Kawasaki dealership).
[/quote]

ok, gotcha. yeah, im coming from san tan valley, far southeast. but, if your gonna show up there early let me know.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM

Yeah I will be there around 6:15/6:30 unless I meet up with Berny to wash our cars lol
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 PM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Sorry I missed out this week. I had every intention of coming, but while walking my dog this evening Jenn and I found two stray dogs that were in pretty rough shape from the heat. Being a dog person I found a nearbye neighbor to fetch me some water for the dogs as we looked around for the owner. After about 30min of hanging out the dogs never left our side so we decided to take them home with us. We left them in the backyard where there was plenty of shade and gave them more water and some food once they calmed down. Didn't feel comfortable bringing stray dogs indoors. Called the local animal control board which after about 35min came to the house to pick them up Did not know what else to do...

They gave me flyers with the shelters contact information on it so we went out and posted signs throughout the neighborhood and drove around to see if anyone was out and about looking for them. Certainly is a bummer...I hope that if my dog ever ran away that someone would take care of her, so I figured I should take care of these dogs. So yea, that was my night in case anyone wanted to know lol...cya guys maybe next week
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Sorry I missed out this week. I had every intention of coming, but while walking my dog this evening Jenn and I found two stray dogs that were in pretty rough shape from the heat. Being a dog person I found a nearbye neighbor to fetch me some water for the dogs as we looked around for the owner. After about 30min of hanging out the dogs never left our side so we decided to take them home with us. We left them in the backyard where there was plenty of shade and gave them more water and some food once they calmed down. Didn't feel comfortable bringing stray dogs indoors. Called the local animal control board which after about 35min came to the house to pick them up Did not know what else to do...

They gave me flyers with the shelters contact information on it so we went out and posted signs throughout the neighborhood and drove around to see if anyone was out and about looking for them. Certainly is a bummer...I hope that if my dog ever ran away that someone would take care of her, so I figured I should take care of these dogs. So yea, that was my night in case anyone wanted to know lol...cya guys maybe next week
That was pretty cool to do, my friend just went through the same thing, hopefully people chip their pets so the owner can be found quickly. It's worth the cost.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k

Old 07-19-2012, 06:51 PM

Alright guys, this weeks Wednesday meet is a bit of a special one so I wanted to give everyone a good heads up on it. The owner of this place is normally closed but has agreed to stay open just for us. That's a pretty awesome gesture and we should give him a good turn out for his efforts!

The meet will be at Pittsburgh Willy's located roughly at Arizona Ave and Warner. This place is located inside an antique store and is supposed to be some of the best hot dogs in town. As a further bonus the Science of Speed guys are going to join us for this meet. I know 7 people that have been here and no one hasn't loved it.

The owner did request we start the meet at 7pm just to keep things moving for him and I don't think that will be a problem. Here is some media and the majority of his menu:

MENU

AZ Family video

PBS story

The place is located at:

Merchant Square Antique Mall
1509 N Arizona Ave
Chandler, AZ 85225

Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 PM

So you guys may have heard me talk about this place or seen me post these delicious items on FB:

This place is awesome. The food is amazing, it's all local stuff. He actually has a little bit of a partnership with Hungry Monk, among a few other places. He gets his pulled pork from a place down the street, the stuff is seriously some of the best food I've had in AZ. I haven't been to Ted's or any other gourmet hot dog places around, but I feel there's truly a reason why this place has received so many accolades.

Part of the awesomeness of this place is its owner, Randy. He's a good friend of mine, and he's the one who agreed to stay open late for us. Randy treats this place as if it were his home. He's even offered to let us turn this into a BYOB event. Said he would lock the doors and just let us throw back some beers and chill. Said he might even have a few with us.
So if you are going to drink, please be courteous and respectful. As I said, Randy treats this place as if it were his home, and he's doing us a huge kindness by staying open exclusively for us, so let's try to repay him in kind.

With that being said, come on out and enjoy some amazing food (if you have any questions about anything on the menu, just ask me... I've had everything I believe), and let's represent the S2000 community in full, and have a good time!

Just a reminder that it starts at 7pm, and recommend if you're coming from the North, a la Science of Speed, you may want to turn onto Highland (Victory BMW bikes - pictured just north of the rectangle in the map) and come in through the side entrance if you're lowered. Would be easier than trying to turn directly from Arizona. The driveway isn't crazy, but it's not Feezy-low friendly (what is, really? ). You wouldn't really have to deal with traffic that way, and I think it may even be less steep as well.

Quick Reply: Random Wednesday Night Meet