Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Question on local service

Old 02-01-2007, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on local service

I was wondering if anyone knows any good non-dealer honda service shops in Arizona that will actually diagnose a problem without charging to look at the car ?

I have a new S that I took back twice to the dealer and while they could not find any problem I want an outside opinion before complaining to Corporate.

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which dealer did you take it to?

I would recommend you bring it out to Earnhardt and let Cesar check it out.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:36 AM

Yeah talk to Cesar. Others will look at you funny when you bring the car in.

What is the problem you're having?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Another vote for taking it to Cesar.

He diagnosed a rattle on my car and fixed it for FREE! Doesn't get any better than that.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:43 PM

whats the problem? maybe its a common problem amongst s2k owners
Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 PM

Cesar x3!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ragingazn,Feb 1 2007, 06:43 PM
whats the problem? maybe its a common problem amongst s2k owners
My problem is that i have this burning Rubber Smell coming from the rear wheel wells. I have had the cars twice to Honda cars of mesa. The first time one of the service advisors said he could smell it but thought maybe it was new car smell.

The second time I brought it back they kept the car for half the day and could not find anything wrong. I especially notice it after parking in the garage. They checked things like the brakes, exhaust, wheel bearings. leaks bags caught on exhaust etc. And everything checked out fine.

I had a post on this forum regarding this issue a few weeks back so rather than continue to discuss I figure I'd get a third party opinion.

I ended up writing the corporate office and hopefully I will get in contact with a factory representative.

The car only has 2000 miles on it now but I started almost right after purchase. If this is in fact normal then I say "what a piece of crap". I've owned 2 accords and one GS-R Brand new for 7 years and never had anything like this.

Anyone else experience this ? Sorry if I'm ranting but I think most will agree if you spend good money for a nice car, especially brand new car from a quality company everything should be perfect

Thanks,
Old 02-04-2007, 06:57 PM

I don't know if this helps, but on MY05 I have the same sort of burning smell after I drive the car. After looking on the forums, I think ( could be wrong) but it is the clutch delay that makes the clutch slip giving it a burning smell. THe fix is to switch to an '03 slave cylinder to fix the delay. I have 12K on the car and don't drive it that hard but it could be the case. I have spoken with a few people with MY04-06 that have had this done and says it is great (do not know if this applies to MY07). I have yet to test it for myself, so just adding my .02

also, I have recently had some work done on my car by Cesar, and the service was top notch, better than anything I have ever experienced at Land Rover.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by billyzane,Feb 4 2007, 07:57 PM
I don't know if this helps, but on MY05 I have the same sort of burning smell after I drive the car. After looking on the forums, I think ( could be wrong) but it is the clutch delay that makes the clutch slip giving it a burning smell. THe fix is to switch to an '03 slave cylinder to fix the delay. I have 12K on the car and don't drive it that hard but it could be the case. I have spoken with a few people with MY04-06 that have had this done and says it is great (do not know if this applies to MY07). I have yet to test it for myself, so just adding my .02

also, I have recently had some work done on my car by Cesar, and the service was top notch, better than anything I have ever experienced at Land Rover.
Clutch delay ? You mean I pay over $30k for new car and it needs a F**King cluthc delay whatever that is ?

Is the delay made of poor quality on all 04's-06's ?

This is great!! Damn I should have bought a corvette at least I would known to expect repairs right away.

So the dealer will willingly switch clutch delays ? I don't know what it is but if it fixes the problem without causing another I will recommend them to do it.

Is this delay something that someone could have ruined on a Test Drive ?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:11 PM

I am almost sure this is normal but I don't know how bad the smell is. There will be all kinds of noises and smells as stuff is breaking in.

You are being too critical. I almost think this car is not for you.

If you want the clutch delay removed, I can do that for you.

Quick Reply: Question on local service