Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Project DIY Vented CF Hood

Old 01-15-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project DIY Vented CF Hood

Well I'm to cheap to buy a TS Style hood so I decided to try to Vent an OEM style CF hood myself. I saw it done in the UTH forum and thought it came out pretty good so I bought myself an OEM CF Hood for $275 and got to work on it. All I have left is to install the Vents.

Here it is without any holes yet.

Here is the beginning of cutting out the holes. I taped off certain sections before I started cutting so it wouldn't chip the CF clear coat. I used a die grinder first but it wasn't working to well since I didn't have the exact size of the holes I was cutting out so I used a dremal.

Since now I got the basic holes sizes cut out I started taping off the hood so I could get exact measurements. It wouldve been alot easier on a stock metal hood because you can get something 1/4" to go around the skeleton of the hood and have the line but with the cf hood there basically is no skeleton. Just molds. You can see how off the holes are from what I taped off.

And here are the final cuts. It came out pretty good. You can see everything is lined up pretty good. I ended up using the die grinder because it was alot faster and ended up being easier then the dremel. All together this took about 6-7 hours so far.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice bro. Im about to put my OEM vented hood up FS.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Nice Hack Job, . You should just take some fencing stuff and cut it into the shape of a hood, now that is some venting =P
Old 01-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Them some big holes there. You going to put mesh screen in the holes?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 AM

looks nice..damn were u get a cf oem hood for 275?? i want one....
Old 01-16-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy,Jan 15 2007, 06:24 PM
Nice bro. Im about to put my OEM vented hood up FS.
I bet you'll be going with some real JDM shit!!

I roam the FS and Cali. for sale forum alot and someone happened to have one for sale so I Paypaled them and picked it up since I was going to be going down there anyways. Real good guy and the hood was in Mint condition. The fitment also looked OEM.

Don't start with me JIhan! I was suppose to get your Mugen hood but you sold it to someone else! Remember now!?!?!

Yeah the holes are big but I need alot of ventilation for the turbo! I think it kinda looks like the top secret design but all vents! And yes I'm installing mesh. I was so tired after all that work in the cold that I'll finish it next weekend. I'll post up updated pics when I'm done. Thanks for the compliments!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Phillie,Jan 16 2007, 12:10 PM
I bet you'll be going with some real JDM shit!!

I roam the FS and Cali. for sale forum alot and someone happened to have one for sale so I Paypaled them and picked it up since I was going to be going down there anyways. Real good guy and the hood was in Mint condition. The fitment also looked OEM.

Don't start with me JIhan! I was suppose to get your Mugen hood but you sold it to someone else! Remember now!?!?!

Yeah the holes are big but I need alot of ventilation for the turbo! I think it kinda looks like the top secret design but all vents! And yes I'm installing mesh. I was so tired after all that work in the cold that I'll finish it next weekend. I'll post up updated pics when I'm done. Thanks for the compliments!
Hahaha. Jihan sold you out eh?? Hahah. Damn Phil, you actually did it. Those are pretty huge. I wanna see the finished product.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Richee,Jan 16 2007, 02:23 PM
Hahaha. Jihan sold you out eh?? Hahah. Damn Phil, you actually did it. Those are pretty huge. I wanna see the finished product.
Hmm lets not talk about who sold out who..=/ anyways

It was a J's Hood, and you werent 100% sure yet if you wanted it and I had a buyer for the hood that would pay asap, and i told ya. And you said to sell it. And I needed to sell it..ok Phil, so let it go you Small Wrangler Short wearing semi-korean
Old 01-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by KRAZYKOREAN,Jan 16 2007, 01:28 PM
Hmm lets not talk about who sold out who..=/ anyways

It was a J's Hood, and you werent 100% sure yet if you wanted it and I had a buyer for the hood that would pay asap, and i told ya. And you said to sell it. And I needed to sell it..ok Phil, so let it go you Small Wrangler Short wearing semi-korean
J's hood, Mugen hood both JDM and look alike. Oh well I have my own Phils hood FTR!!!! You hat wearing, long hair korean superstar that just found out what Pho is that tries to skate
Old 01-16-2007, 09:34 PM

Hmm.....

Quick Reply: Project DIY Vented CF Hood