Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

PIR Jan 5th/6th

Old 12-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PIR Jan 5th/6th

I've talked to a few people, looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout (at least 3 S' in DE2 - Karie, Kirk, and myself, Ivan in DE3).

I'd love to see everyone make it out, even if it's just to hang out in the pits. The 5th is my b-day and I'm leaving for New York on the 7th, so I'm going to see about getting a bbq of some kind to the pits for a cookout. And, yes, I suppose I'll be cooking again one last time...
Old 12-11-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curt (SPLNDID) should be at this event too but he'll be in DE4 (Time Trials) hunting that elusive 1:13 ... I'm *really* hoping to get the racecar out for the event. Kinda hard to work on it with family in town for the holidays and deadlines at work But I'll definitely be out there so we can give John a proper send off! I'm always down for some good BBQ! See you guys in the new year!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 AM

If you need some help with the race car, give me a call. If I'm not busy I'll swing out and give you a hand
Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 AM

Karie and I should be there, schedule permitting.

What about Simmy?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 AM

i am gonna be there, might be waiting to race till feb event though.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there....to watch and get some pics though

i really would like to do another event, but just not this one
Old 12-12-2007, 02:46 PM

I'll be there. HPDE4 and TT-C. Not sure what day yet. Most likely Saturday. I'll let you know what day so that you all can stop by my pit where I'll be kissing babies, signing autographs and endorsing products.
Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

CB
Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 9KRDLIN,Dec 12 2007, 10:59 AM
i am gonna be there, might be waiting to race till feb event though.
remember ... it isn't "racing". We streeters don't swap paint or go totally nuts with our car. Only in the race group, where guys have committed their cars to total racing do we race. If your race car gets damaged in an event, it is not so much as big a deal as if your street car gets hosed. If you race, you have to accept that it is a matter of time before your car is damaged in some incident and you have to be willing to accept that. You come out with your street car to learn car handling and have fun driving your car at speeds you can't do on the public roads... in the meantime you learn how to drive with technique and get your streeter as fast as you care to go. HPDE is an excellent forum for the weekenders who want to have fun with their street car and not race. Sure we go fast, but we build up speed and emphasize safety all the way.
So, bring out your car and yourself for the next event and enroll in HPDE1 and go from there.
Me, I'm at the point where I only desire to shave a second or two off my current time of 1:14.4 so that I can say that I drove my S well and retire the S from the track all-together. Later, I'd like to get a beater and shape it into a track-only car that can be driven hard and test my car setup and driving skills.
Remember... HPDE is not "racing".
Enroll, come on out and have safe fun with your street S and forget about racing all together. Baby steps.

CB
Old 12-12-2007, 07:54 PM

What CB said. We don't race in HPDE, that implies competition. The focus of HPDE is not competing with anyone on the track. HPDE is about learning how to handle your car and driving at speeds that would be illegal and dangerous to drive elsewhere.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Ok.
I signed up for January 5th, HPDE-3 so I can run with a few Ss.
I look forward to running with you all in HPDE3.
We'll have some fun.

CB

Quick Reply: PIR Jan 5th/6th