Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

PIR Course Elements

Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i only drift in tokyo... and on rainy days... but its ricer to do it here, thats why i mainly do it in japan, cause its only cool there...

funny to see the corvette guys call it ricer and b/s like that, then 2 years later they are out there trying it... lame...
Old 02-02-2008, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phoenixR34,Feb 1 2008, 09:19 AM
are you activating the ABS in every corner? if not, you're not braking hard enough.. you should be in the ABS everytime you brake on that track. only exceptions would be if you trailbrake into turn 2, and that light tap on the brakes before turn 5.

everywhere else is simple at PIR. driving lines are not all they're cracked up to be. if you take turn 2 tight, you save about 100-130 feet of driving distance vs. if you went wide. your exit speed will be lower, but it's not super critical because you're headed into a turn right away.

about the only two places you gain time at PIR are through the oval and into turn 1. turn 1 is tough because it's a sketchy corner to begin with, and without a wing, it's really hard to be confident. summed up, you basically have to push harder and harder and once the car finally gets loose over the bump into 1, you've hit the limit, so back off 1-2mph. but as i said, it takes a bunch of confidence to wanna try and push that hard.

as for the oval, flat out is best.. that way there's no question. i don't see why an S can't go flat out around the oval, if you're in race tires. if you can't go flat, chances are you're either A. in need of a big wing, or B. a big wussy. the S2000 might just be fast enough to require a little help from a wing, but on big sticky tires, i'm guessing it could go flat out fairly easily.

everything else isn't too important.. people work on their driving lines through turns 2-4, 5,6,7.. yeah yeah, that's great, but you'll drop a tenth or two if you hit everything perfectly. and "perfect" is impossible to determine anyways, as i've taken probably ten different lines through each corner and run the exact same time, +-0.2. wide in turn 1, tight in 2, up on the curb around 3.. or within 20' of that line, and you'll run the same time.

get good in the oval and you'll drop a couple seconds. it's the longest corner on the track, the fastest corner on the track and it leads onto the front straight... that's where all the time is. my guess is an S2000 on race tires can go from turn 9 all the way till braking before 1, without lifting.

and then of course, if you're simply not pushing the car hard enough, you're losing time. most people don't turn in hard enough or early enough, don't corner as fast as the car can go.. people drive within their comfort level, which usually isn't enough.