Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Pink Taco Stadium

Old 08-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pink Taco Stadium

I just heard on the news that the owner of the Pink Taco Restaurant Chain offered the Cardinals $300,000,000.00 to name the new Cardinals Stadium the "Pink Taco Stadium". He even went as far as saying he would make the deal the largest naming right deal ever in the state of Arizona. The Cardinals have said they would not accept any offer from this company because some people find the name offensive.

Either way, what a great marketing ploy by the Pink Taco Restaurant Chain.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$300 million? Yeah, right...they don't have the money, couldn't come up with the money.

I haven't read the contracts, but did we, as taxpayers, give up the financial rights to be paid for the stadium, if a sponsor steps forward? I think we should call it "How the Cardinal's Screwed the Taxpayers" stadium. I am shocked at how taxpayers will pay for a sports stadium to pay the mega rich ball players and refuse to vote in a bond to help pay for our kid's education. Maybe that's why Arizona kids are soooo stupid as a whole? Obviously, there are exceptions, but as a group, the kids are idiots here.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:41 PM

but the food sucks there.....

Pink taco review

daily show rips on scottsdale
Old 08-21-2006, 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=walkabt,Aug 21 2006, 06:21 PM] Maybe that's why Arizona kids are soooo stupid as a whole?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:21 AM

I agree that only 20% should get As....THAT number is too high.

It is a bell curve for a reason.

I think it is funny that kids graduate from college and think they are walking into a 100k job. That kills me.

-Lee
Old 08-22-2006, 02:00 PM

I would personally visit a place called Pink Taco Stadium more than a place called Crappy Bank Airline Ballpark, but maybe I just happen to like pink tacos more than the average joe
Old 08-23-2006, 12:47 AM

My kids aren't stupid and they don't subscribe to entitlement. They are young, hip, and fun, on the dean's list and work full time in addition to going to school full time and have a 4.0 in their major@ ASU. My oldest son is very polically active on campus and very successful already. ( google him) My youngest son is learning disabled, a senior in high school and very personable and social. I am very satisifed with his school district and how they have worked with me to insure he will be successful. Try raising a couple children first before criticizing parents. Children need supportive parents in order to be successful. The squeaky wheel is the one that gets oiled.
Make your children realize the value of education and help them along the way. Make them eager and good things will come their way.

Some kids have $ 100K jobs B 4 they graduate, but then they are already working for their parents!
I am all for Pink Taco Stadium...........we need to keep it fun, hip, and young.
Great advertising.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:55 AM

I don't like crappy bank either.
In a few years we could re-paint the new stadium, it already looks like a big taco anyhow!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by walkabt,Aug 21 2006, 05:21 PM
I am shocked at how taxpayers will pay for a sports stadium to pay the mega rich ball players and refuse to vote in a bond to help pay for our kid's education.
I couldn't agree more with this part of the statement.

And I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way. When all this taxpayer-supported idiocy began I was thinking I must be the only rational person left.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:07 AM

They offered $5M, not $300M. I personally think it would be tacky to name it Pink Taco Stadium. AZ sports get enough bad press, we don't need the 100 million bad jokes that will come our way. Plus I suspect it would endanger their Superbowl hopes (the stadium, not the Cardnals).

As far as kids being stupid and the school system being bad... baloney. If kids receive discipline at home and are raised right, then school will be what they make of it. I was raised to believe that college was a requirement and NOT an option, so I made sure I stayed focused in school. If you don't want 500 students in a college class, try a smaller campus. Typically, the material taught in those classes isn't terrbily difficult, and so the schools utilize the limited staff they have on the upper level courses that might require better teacher-student ratios.

Quick Reply: Pink Taco Stadium