Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

OMG People are crazy in Arizona !

Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ookielookie,Feb 12 2010, 11:36 PM
Someone was riding my car so bad and I was going 5 over. When I passed the car in the other lane and he had enough room to pass, he pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes. I braked and he actually ended up stopping in front of me and him and his friend got out of the car lookin all tough. . . Here we were, stopped in the middle of a 45 mph zone. I just burned out and left him to sit in the road looking like an idiot. Oh and for anyone curious... It was a Kia with black rims. Hah.

Man this place is full of tough guys, I either laugh at them or pass them like they dont even exist. They are like little yip yip dogs, make all the noise then run like hell if you stand up.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol. Makes me wish I had an OBSCENELY loud horn that would scare the shit out of them...
Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by '08S2K,Feb 10 2010, 04:41 PM
My favorite is the people who slam on their brakes by the speed cameras when they're doing the SPEED LIMIT! Almost ate a guy's trunk on my bike yesterday on the 101!
OMG I face this almost every day. I'm in Tucson though and I drive on Ruthrauff by the cameras 12 times/week. People already go <45 on that road, then they see the cameras and slow down to <40... Its SOOOO frustrating. Those things wont snap a pic unless you're doing like 10 over. I remember seeing the average speeds before and after camera placement in the newspaper. The average speed was already under 45 and now its like 40. GRRR!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simply amazing.
Faced the same BS today. Was finally breaking away from the morons when a yellow warning sign stated that we were approaching a speed camera. The morons slowed down to 55. Amazing.
You can always tell a "camper". They get in the far left lane and hug the yellow line. They slow down uphill and speed up going down the other side.
It appears that the camper morons believe that the far left lane is safest for them as all they do is follow the yellow line.
My theory is that we could cut costs of building new roads by enforcing decent traffic laws that once used to rule the land. Instead of building new lanes for the campers, we enforce laws of "slower traffic stay right"... and also learn to merge! All it takes is to slow down to where there's enough room for the merging traffic to enter/exit at merge points instead of setting the norm as NOT letting any vehicle in. Man, I can't tell you how many times a driver has zipped it up so that no car can get in or around... thinking, (I guess), that nobody is getting in front of them!!!
Very strange dynamic here. Nearly dead and over-medicated mixing it up with young, inexperienced, rage nutballs.
If I were running the show, I'd make it manditory that every driver comes in every 5 years for a written test and brief interview.
But... I digress...
Just put on some soothing music and relax.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH! And "honor" turn signals.
1. Either the driver simply does not signal intent and moves into a lane without warning... or...
2. Turns on the signal after the turn is already initiated... or...
3. Speed up to close the gap once they see the car's signaled intent.

Bad Junk here.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:39 PM

Elderly drivers should have a real in car exam every few years or something. Most of them have nothing to do anyway so I couldn't hurt to miss out on a couple games of Mah Jong. But I dont want to go off on a rant here!

They absolutely should be teaching people that the left lane is a passing lane and not necessarily a "fast" lane. If everyone, or even most followed this rule then traffic would be reduced pretty significantly. In my driver's ed class that wasn't mentioned once.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the Top Gear where May went to Finland, and they were talking about how it takes about 3 years to get a license there, and they have to pass skid tests and everything to be sure they can handle the nasty weather on the narrow roads they have there. Basically they are getting a rally license just to be able to drive. My bet is 90% of people here would fail miserably and have to take the bus! More room for me! Unless I'm on the bus too.... Hmmmmmm....
Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

90%? More like 99%....

I probably wouldn't be close to good during bad weather as people from Finland and I consider my self ok driver and Lived in New England weather for 15 years.

Im sure even those who think they are good lucky to be 50% of Finish people.

Unless you actually raced and had training.