Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

OMG People are crazy in Arizona !

Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess its been awhile since I been to AZ!!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by SPLNDID,Oct 29 2007, 10:12 PM
All,
Yeah... This area is NUTS! Be super careful here.
NEVER go in to an intersection immediately when the light turns green! NEVER! Wait one second to look - then proceed.
Keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you at ALL times!
Yeah, the real funny thing is while I was at the Department of Public Safety filling out my police report to file with the civil suit against the idiot who tried to run me off the road..

I watched a small little truck run a red light right in front of a semi-truck.. yeah, guess who won?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a little banged up Kia run a red light and almost get slammed by a loaded gasoline tanker on Van Buren. The semi driver saw that the little Kia wasn't going to slow down at the last second and jacked the wheel to the right almost jackknifing. With the semi tires screeching trying to stop the dumb broad flies through the intersection almost hitting a light pole. The guy with me was freaking out and said, "We almost saw someone die". It was amazing watching an obviously fully loaded semi trying to stop while attempting to avoid an accident. The only thing that saved the lady was slipping through a tight spot between the truck and a light pole.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM

I hate to judge but the worst drivers are those driving beat up cars. They don't care about their own assets leading to not caring about others. These are the same people who put large door dings on cars in parking lots. Money has nothing to do with it, even people driving dirty/beat up BMWs or the likes fall into this category.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM

I would normally agree, but it was a guy in a H2 who tried to run me off the road. I think those guys fall into the category of "I have a bigger car get out of my way" kind of thing..
Old 10-30-2007, 09:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=blenderfrog,Oct 30 2007, 08:51 PM]
Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by blenderfrog,Oct 30 2007, 08:51 PM
I would normally agree, but it was a guy in a H2 who tried to run me off the road. I think those guys fall into the category of "I have a bigger car get out of my way" kind of thing..
I sort of agree with you. I hold nothing against domestics but IMO usually domestic SUVs and trucks have more idiots in it. In my experience the number of idiots in domestics outweigh the number of those who drive imports. The only thing is that the small import economy cars drive a bit slower than I wish they did, but there's nothing wrong to that.

One thing I f*ing hate is the lifted trucks. Their lights aim straight at me when I'm driving. And some of them don't give a sh*t when tailgating a car that can brake in 1/2 the distance they can.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:04 AM

Wow, you guys are running some pretty mean streets.

My biggest complaint is people who aren't courteous or go out of their way to be anti-courteous. I was merging onto the busy freeway the other day on a short ramp. I got lined up with an opening. I put my signal on, maintained speed with traffic, and proceeded to try to merge. This asshole in a lifted Dodge p/u hits passing gear and speeds up to close off my spot and then has to get on his brakes hard to keep from hitting the car in front of him. So I am forced to hit the brakes and drive on the shoulder for a second before I can get in behind him, thus slowing down everyone behind us. What the hell did this accomplish? He wasted gas and put extra wear and tear on his truck and almost had an accident just to keep me from merging smoothly onto the freeway. Why? I really would like to understand what the hell the reasoning is behind this.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by CBR2200,Oct 31 2007, 10:04 AM
Wow, you guys are running some pretty mean streets.

My biggest complaint is people who aren't courteous or go out of their way to be anti-courteous. I was merging onto the busy freeway the other day on a short ramp. I got lined up with an opening. I put my signal on, maintained speed with traffic, and proceeded to try to merge. This asshole in a lifted Dodge p/u hits passing gear and speeds up to close off my spot and then has to get on his brakes hard to keep from hitting the car in front of him. So I am forced to hit the brakes and drive on the shoulder for a second before I can get in behind him, thus slowing down everyone behind us. What the hell did this accomplish? He wasted gas and put extra wear and tear on his truck and almost had an accident just to keep me from merging smoothly onto the freeway. Why? I really would like to understand what the hell the reasoning is behind this.
I see this all the time with any type of car. Must be some kind of macho, small penis thing.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:34 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Yeah thats one thing that is different from east coast. Here getting on freeway is way harder then back home. Here they just WONT LET YOU IN.

BTW....

With my Bostonian mentality, Pedestrians have right of way..
I stop and wave @ the pedestrian here in AZ and they give me a dirty look, mumble some under there breath and walk across.

I stop @ the stop sign and at the same time another car stops going in the oposite direction but shes taking a left.
I wave @ her and high beam her twice to let her go and take the left.. She freaks out and has no idea what to do. I laugh and she flips me off. I high beam 5 more times and she FLYs by me.
It's almost as if people think I let them go and then will TBONE them as soon as they start crossing the intersection. LOL

Great I got another bird today,.....

Quick Reply: OMG People are crazy in Arizona !