Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

OMG People are crazy in Arizona !

Old 10-28-2007, 01:59 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
Default OMG People are crazy in Arizona !

THURSDAY
On Thursday night I am on 101N coming home from work and take Indian Bend Rd. Exit to fill up. As I get back on the On Ramp for 101N there is 1 car ahead of me, me, and this Dodge Truck behind me.... As the 2 lanes merge in to 1 the truck speeds up and is now right next to me so I am forced on to the side! I gun it and pull ahead, he accelerates and ends up next to me again. I am forced to the shoulder, then he swerves at me and trys to run me off the road!

I end up down shifting and Passing him on the shoulder and just FLYING on to 101N, reach for my 24MM wrench under the seat and waited for him for about a mile to see if he was going to do anything. He just stayed 4 cars behind me and didn't make an attempt to pass me. I merged in to the left lane and in shock sped up with traffic and drove home. Only as he saw me speed up he merged in to faster lanes. fckuing punk.

FRIDAY

I am coming home from work again and I am cruzing all the way in the left lane, top down again behind this Rav4. We both doing about 75. For about 10 Minutes this old Jeep Cherokee is some what riding my ass. So I am like w/e, I don't break test her, I don't do anything. Then once we pass Shea she trys to pass me in the right lane and can't because the traffic is moving @ my speed. Looks over at me and shakes her head. I look over and shrug my shoulders at her.... she proceeds to flip me off!!!

On Scottsdale Rd. I drop by Safeway get some groceries. As I throw them in the trunk and pull out, I am doing 5mph in the parking lot and this lifted truck with teenagers drive by me and flip me off talking shit. I am like WHAT THE HELL? I don't say anything AGAIN and mind my own business.

I do think those teenagers need to be tough a lesson, punks in trucks think they all tough guys.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it weren't for that everyone is allowed to carry in this state I would definitly be fighting but some punk would get scared and shoot me instead.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I prefer a .45 to a 24mm
Old 10-28-2007, 11:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillie,Oct 28 2007, 10:53 PM
If it weren't for that everyone is allowed to carry in this state I would definitly be fighting but some punk would get scared and shoot me instead.
haha you posted as I was reading...lol

Its true that too many people do not understand the actual seriousness of a firearm.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:21 AM

On wednesday I had some idiot in a hummer try to run me off the road too.

I grew up in California and people say California drivers are crazy.. I beg to differ, they drive fast, but not crazy like Arizona.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by blenderfrog,Oct 29 2007, 08:21 AM
On wednesday I had some idiot in a hummer try to run me off the road too.

I grew up in California and people say California drivers are crazy.. I beg to differ, they drive fast, but not crazy like Arizona.

CA drivers are at least 10x better than in AZ. People do the stupidest sh!t here... Drives me nuts. I'm glad I only have a 5 mile commute.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=blenderfrog,Oct 29 2007, 07:21 AM]On wednesday I had some idiot in a hummer try to run me off the road too.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by tool462,Oct 29 2007, 11:55 AM

CA drivers are at least 10x better than in AZ. People do the stupidest sh!t here... Drives me nuts. I'm glad I only have a 5 mile commute.
I agree. Moving here from CA, I thought it was gonna be a lot better with nicer roads, less traffic...but its a total nightmare.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:14 PM

I believe most of the people driving on the freeways were from CA originally. So, maybe brain damage from the Arizona sun or from watching the Cardinals play.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 PM

Talking

All,
Yeah... This area is NUTS! Be super careful here.
NEVER go in to an intersection immediately when the light turns green! NEVER! Wait one second to look - then proceed.
Keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you at ALL times!
EXPECT the A-type bully behind you to over-power you on the on-ramps. I experience that one all the time. I don't have to be a mind-reader or be guessing. I know the bullycar mentality. My step-dad was a bullycar driver. He would say, while he's driving like an asshole, that the other driver had to move out of his way because his truck is bigger. That's a no-shit story.
Remember that especially during this time of year that we have the entire gambit of drivers - from just-wed twenties, teens, macho truckers, Hummers, all the way to the intoxicated to nearly-dead who are on medication and are afraid to drive.
Just be careful out there and remember that you never know the state of mind the other driver is in.
Try to blend in with the rest of the drivers. Try to sense the crowd... and always... always maintain your "situational-awareness". Back off from the apparent crazies.
Be super-cautious, and be super-cool.

P.S.
There are a small number of other drivers in other cars who, when they see our S, feel like they have to dominate or challenge. Let them go from the very start.
From my roadcoarse experience, I know for a fact which cars are superior in performance and those which are not. I could list them all here, but the message I would like to parlay to you all is NEVER! Don't ever be enticed, or "challenged" by any machine on the street. Let them go. I don't care if it is a street sweeper. Let them go and think that they beat you, or realize that you aren't in it at all.
Our car does attract attention and sometimes it isn't the best of attention. I have an incident damned-near every day I drive. The confrontation is many-fold...
One, you don't want to be caught by the man for racing in any form on the streets because it is now a felony.
Two, you may incite a real jerk that has "issues" and could cause road-rage.
Three, you may actually lead a lesser driver to cause him/her to crash.

Just be careful out there and realize that the very sight of our car may cause some drivers to mis-behave.
Let them go.

Lastly, I urge every one of you to come out to a sanctioned CRA/NASA event and at least join the HPDE1 group. You will experience what the S can do in a closed course and be comfortable that your S is definitely one of the finest cars on the road... and not feel the need to prove it on the streets.

Be safe.
CB

Quick Reply: OMG People are crazy in Arizona !