---
85.71%
---
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

November Drive - Biosphere 11/22/2003

Old 11-20-2003, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I already stated, I have no interest in this group anymore and this will be my last post in the Arizona club section. If you all enjoy playing "covert agents" on the run from the cops as part of some immature fantasy scenario weekend, then go ahead. Based on the attitude that has been displayed, this group would not be very enjoyable to be around anyway.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:47 AM

Scott you have pm. I'd appreciate your giving it a read.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:26 AM

Man, where do these assholes come from? He's probably still mad because nobody would pick him for their team in school. Do us a favor ScottH and go hide under that rock whence you came from.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:15 PM

I had a good conversation with ScottH about this. As I went through the posts again, I tried to take the perspective of somebody new - who hasn't figured out our sense of humor yet. I don't appreciate the harsh response, but have been known to go off a time or two (or three or four...).

We'll know for sure after he joins us, but my sense from our off-line discussions is that Scott is a good guy who mis-interpretted the spirit of this discussion - at no fault of his own - and reacted to it. I say give him a chance to get past this - and likewise hope that he gives us a chance to prove his feelings about us wrong...

Just my $.02.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ceo2b
I had a good conversation with ScottH about this.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Doc

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ScottH
Flame all you want.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:22 PM

Hi ScottH,

I can understand your frustration. I wish you had emailed or send me a private message about your concerns.

As mentioned above the new email procedure was implemented due to concerns from members who have participated in several of our club drives after the Southern California club experienced an awakening. Additional concerns regarding member safety were brought to my attention as another reason to institute the change. When I researched the situation I found that we were one of the few clubs that was still posting drive meeting times, locations and directions on a public forum. Many of the other clubs, including the local NSX club, email the information as we do now. You can find a post from this past summer in this forum where I didn't understand that philosophy.

I do my best to keep an open mind and enough members who had participated in drives asked for the change. I complied. I removed the drive starting locations from the club site and that's why we now have the email notification.

A sign up deadline is not typical of our club drives. For this drive we had to close the sign up form on Wednesday to make reservations for lunch at a small restaurant in Oracle and provide the Biosphere with a head count. Originally we were only allowed to have a smaller number of people attend the special tour. We surpassed that number after only a couple days of the sign up form being available! CEO2B was able to work with his contact at the Biosphere to expand that number. At this time we are up to 25 from our club alone. We will have some others meet us at the Biosphere. From what I understand, the restaurant will be challenged to hold our group.

I hope in the future if anyone has any concerns with me or the way things are being handled to please PM or email me, as a courtesy. I will always listen and do my best to help improve the situation. I invest my time as the community organizer because I have a passion for my car and I appreciate all of the people that are fortunate enough to own one. It is not my intent to piss anyone off.

Sincerely,
Jordan
Old 11-21-2003, 12:35 PM

In a way, I hope ScottH shows up so he can see how sarcastic we get. ScottH, don't worry man. They harassed the crap out of DC5Racer as well, who is enroute to pick up his S this weekend in Chicago. I'd like to say that we are a fun group, and we all have at least one thing in common, and that is the love affair we have with this dam car. Hope to see ya this weekend.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:03 PM

Life's tough
Got to work tomorrow

Have a nice and safe drive tomorrow

Hate it when I can't annoy you with my Tanabe noise
Old 11-21-2003, 05:48 PM

Suprchrg, mine is definitely louder, but no where what yours sounds like. I have really gotten used to the sound. When Mark bought my old Spugen, I put back on the stock exhaust, and man it sounded awful without the aftermarket exhaust.

Quick Reply: November Drive - Biosphere 11/22/2003