Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Moving to southeast valley/new member

Old 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to southeast valley/new member

Hello all

We are currently in NC and plan to move to Arizona in June. We are looking to purchase new construction near Queen Creek. Anyone live out there? Any suggestions or comments on the area? We will be making a trip out on February 20th and any info on house hunting will be greatly appreciated. Can't wait for some WARMER weather.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2005, 02:38 PM

Welcome to the SouthWest club. Yes, you are indeed coming to some very nice weather in a few weeks. Queen Creek is a journey from the Valley, but you will be getting a lot of house for your money. It seems you have to move very far South, East or West to get new builds. At this time, it's a sellers market. I have had two loans go down the toilet because my appraisal was 25k less than the loan amount needed, but homes are selling like hot cakes. I would say if you need a mortgage, send me a PM but with the builder incentives, you would be crazy not to go with their financing.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Next year...when you move again ....make it Virginia. No offense to AZ at all (I have a close place in my for the BB family). And ya'll need to move CLOSER to the east...not further away!

Breakin' my heart!

- Dave
Old 02-05-2005, 04:41 PM

Welcome!

It is a seller's market here.

My neighbor sold his house within 4 hours on the market. Down the block sold before it was on the MLS listing. Both for asking price or higher.

In the Ahwatukee area there are 1/10th the homes listed right now compared to the same time last year.

What is the zip you are considering?
Old 02-05-2005, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the replies (Dave, you're just gonna have to make a road trip)

We searched the real estate market, and it didn't take us very long to figure out that we had better move fast if we found something.

We looked at Pulte communities (Heard they were a good builder, although they are a "production" builder) and found Copper Basin near Queen Creek. The house is decent size (almost 4000 sq ft) and the prices are great! Problem is the wait for construction can take a long time. We lucked out the day we talked to the sales office because a prime lot had just fallen through and we were offered it. Plus the timing couldn't be better- it will be done in June, which is when we wanted to be there.

The zip code is 85242

However, we knew we had to move fast, and not being there to see it for ourselves we found a realtor (who drove 80+ miles to snap some digital pics for us). We've heard of the lotteries and multiple offers on homes, so we didn't think this was just a high pressure tactic to buy. My husband said "Let's take a chance" and bought it. (Although we haven't actually signed the contract yet).

Now, we are searching out schools, shopping etc. trying to find out anything and everything we can. We only know what we have been told, and that is that we won't lose money buying out there. I know it sounds absolutely crazy to buy a home this way, but we were afraid we would lose a chance to move into a home quickly and before several more price increases.

We are flying out Feb 20th-25th to scope out the area

Thanks in advance for any info

BB