Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Moving to Phoenix...HELP!!!!

Old 12-05-2003, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

asu-lee, 6 hours to Vegas? In what? A school bus?
You must not travel with women much......but If you go alone that is cool too.
-Lee
Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 PM

I made it to Vegas from my house in Chandler in 3:15 minutes.

Yes I was alone on that trip but my wife goes about half the time.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:01 PM

What will you be doing at Maricopa MC? Will you be needing a pediatrician ( can set you up w/ best DRs. in town- best respected pediatric practice in town , all docs in best DRs.)
Will even see the kids in office on weekends and holdiays, if needed. Safest areas are on the periphery, not downtown.
West side is more congested than the east. We are spread out all over the valley and everybody likes their niche. Chandler, Mesa, Awatukee, Scottsdale, north Phoenix east and west.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:41 AM

I'll be a surgery resident. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse...

Thanks again to everyone. I've got a lot of work to do but this move already feels "right," you know?
Old 12-06-2003, 11:12 AM

will be a great residency program.......County is the best place to see everything.........trauma comes to St. Joe's and Good Sam. But the area County is in is not good.....will want to move away from it........gang activity, etc. Scottsdale, Awatukee, and Chandler are good safe places for you and family. What will wife be doing? There are some good older neighborhoods in central phoenix not too far from hosp. Keep in touch.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:05 AM

bubbastook: Welcome to Arizona. This is a great state to live in. Not too many other places I would like to live other than here.

I agree with everyone. Downtown Phoenix is not the safest place... My favorite cities are either Scottsdale or North Phoenix. I would like to move out there one of these years. Your best bet might be North Tempe. A little farther away from the University and a little less inflated housing due to the high demand of college housing. Keep in mind that rush hour traffic is pretty bad around downtown Phoenix. If you don't want to drive a long ways, either work at off rush hour times or live close. That's the best advice IMO.

Let us know when you move down here. You can join the club
Old 12-08-2003, 10:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bubbastook
I'll be a surgery resident.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:48 AM

bubbastook:

Welcome to AZ also!

I have to agree with all of the comments posted here so far - I wouldn't want to live too close to MMC either, but if you're going to be a surgery resident, you'd better stay at least somewhat closer than the East Valley. I live in Chandler and I commute to central Phoenix 1-2x per week, East Mesa 2x/wk and Tempe 1-2x/wk (where our various offices are). I go to Maricopa County once a month (I run the Peds Allergy Clinic there) and it takes me about 40-45 minutes depending on when I leave. If there is no traffic, it would take me only 30 minutes. Hope this helps!

P.S. How is everyone else doing? I've been really busy again and haven't been around in awhile...
Old 12-13-2003, 10:45 AM

Everyone: Thanks for all the info. The city sounds terrific. I'm thinking about a short-term lease at a place like Stonebridge Ranch or Biscayne Bay in Chandler then moving onto a home in the coming months when I know my way around a bit better. I'm really looking forward to going out west.

Uecker
Old 12-13-2003, 10:50 PM

Bubbastock:

You will love it out here!!!!!!! We are all excited to meet you...

Sonshine: Know anyone at Camelback Pediatrics? My brother is head of the practice now . Office is 44th ST/ Camelback.

Quick Reply: Moving to Phoenix...HELP!!!!