Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com
View Poll Results: Do you have an interest in drives and events with the Sahuaro Miata Club
Yes, I'm interested
84.62%
No thank you.
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

More Rides with Another Club

Old 08-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default More Rides with Another Club

As I turned a friend with a custom painted Mazda Miata onto the Sahuaro Miata Club here in AZ, I explored their Events Page. Details of their events are not shared with non-members, but I was curious to learn more. I contacted them and this is what they wrote back. I'd like to know what the interest level might be for the Honda S2000 people to join them from time to time.

Regards,
Mark

Hi,

We allow anyone to come to one event to try to club out. You can see upcoming events without bein a member under the WHAT WE DO TAB--FUTURE EVENTS. You cannot enroll there or get details, but if you see one you'd like to do email me and I'll provide all the details and let the drive leader know you are ocming.

Future events:
The Rain or Shine Trek to the Grand Canyon, August 20-21, 2011
See details on the events page--Make hotel reservations ASAP, then sign up for run...

Edit AnnouncementDevil's Highway Run, September 3,4,5, 2011
See events page for more information...

Edit AnnouncementRun to the Red Onion for Lunch in Heber, September 24, 2011
Details will be provided on the events page...

Let em know if any of these interest you and I'll provide the details...

Judy
Old 08-19-2011, 03:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to step up Mark. I might be going out on a limb, but I'm pretty sure that most of us would be interested in joining up some other clubs depending on which one. Some of the group might get a little worried about some of the local Honda groups as there might be some concern about theft issues.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With our Powers combine we can make the Arizona Roadster Club or ARC -
Old 08-19-2011, 03:41 PM

Miatas = Yuck.... Jk I think. That would be pretty cool, when and where?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:23 PM

I've sent an e-mail to the Miata club (guys, I have to admit, I was in love with the Miata for 21 years. I just happened to find my beautiful S on the dealers lot when I pulled in - and I'm not trading her for anything, if I can help it. I knew nothing of the S before I sat in one for the first time, just a year ago April 1. No Joke! But I'm sold now.)

I will get the details hopefully, but there is a 2-day ride to the Grand Canyon this weekend, and a Devils Hwy 3 day trip just about a month before ours is scheduled. A day trip to Heber is also on their calendar. Go to their site at My link and ckeck out "What We Do", and there you'll see a few past events and the ones schedules coming up.

When I get the details, I'll post them, and will need to give a headcount to the Miata team. They seem pretty organized. I think there's a fee involved if you want to do more than one event with them, but $25.00 a year isn't too bad to let someone else do the planning.

I love the idea of an Arizona Roadster Club (ARC). Let's ARC to the next event. Clutch ready?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chico
With our Powers combine we can make the Arizona Roadster Club or ARC -

LOL i like it
Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 PM

I'm in as well... Got a pal with a z3 and a pal with a hard top miata who'd be be up for some ARC goodness
Old 08-19-2011, 11:08 PM

If any one wants to step up to be the point person for contact with the del Sols or Miata groups, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll take the job and continue with my contacts. I'm fairly new to you all here, so if a more seasoned veteran of the S2 community, or someone with little like me, wants to lend a hand, you are more than welcome. Keep the ideas coming.

Mark
Old 08-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I <3 where this is going.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:18 AM

Keep in mind that the name change is so far a dream, just a suggestion. The Miata group has been around a long time and may not want to change names. I've been asked to hold off posting the event information they sent me until they can discuss it at their board meeting. But we would still be welcome to join them. Remember, one free event, then if you want details on more events, they ask you to pay up.

I few of our guys have stepped up with rides like the Devils Highway trip, the BBQ in Prescott, and maybe a Mt Lemmon drive, which is all fantastic. I just have a lot my plate and haven't been able to make any of those yet. So I am exploring options for rides with other like minded roadster groups. Who knows, maybe we'll get a few Miata owners on our message boards.

Mark

Quick Reply: More Rides with Another Club