Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Monday Night Meet!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, where do I start?

First and foremost, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I consider you my friend and I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just suggesting that maybe someone else should take over the WestSide meet and that you might be the most logical person to do that. Everyone knows that WS attendance has been down and that the further south down the 101 we go, the less people show up. Meets further north ALWAYS have better attendance and the "WestSide" meet most of the time is actually a "NorthSide" meet.

Where I'm moving to is actually considered the northern part of North Central Corridor (Phoenix), not the east side. Yes, you are correct that I am the one who is moving. However, I am also the one who has only missed 3 WS meets over the last 3 years no matter what location it was at so yes, I do feel a little attached to this day/thread.

I guess that maybe it would have been better to not have said anything at all and just slowly started changing locations. I have already accepted the fact that I can't please everyone with location choices. I was just suggesting that maybe we take this opportunity to start something in the Goodyear/Avondale area for further south people like yourself, Bryan, Mike, Dave, and whoever else has wanted to come out to the meets that lived in those areas but didn't want to drive as far north as we usually go.

IDK why, but this has been bothering me all day. I guess that maybe I take this stuff way too seriously. Maybe it's time I take a step back and reevaluate the situation.

I'm open to comments/suggestions.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whooooo! North side! Great choice! :-)
Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 PM

im still your buddy, budddy no matter where you go.....
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slows2kCR
im still your buddy, budddy no matter where you go.....
Lulz Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that Adam and I are still friends. We are just two adults having a discussion. Although, it might be a while before he invites me back over to shotgun beers.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:04 PM

I can see why Adam took offense... However, It may be time to break-out a separate west side meet.

Maybe an every other week thing since the attendance won't be spectacular.

Realistically Chris is right about most of the west-side attendance being closer to Northern/Central PHX. Trust me I'm not jumping up and down in excitement about it either Adam.

Thursday may truly end up being the new west-side meets and it may just be 2-3 of us. lol.....
Old 04-18-2011, 12:12 AM

Is there any interest in a Goodyear/Avondale meet like once a month or something? I'd be down for that. Does anyone else live out here?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by CBR2200
Is there any interest in a Goodyear/Avondale meet like once a month or something? I'd be down for that. Does anyone else live out here?
You need to update your Signature, and I live in Surprise so I would be down.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastS2k
Well, where do I start?

First and foremost, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I consider you my friend and I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just suggesting that maybe someone else should take over the WestSide meet and that you might be the most logical person to do that. Everyone knows that WS attendance has been down and that the further south down the 101 we go, the less people show up. Meets further north ALWAYS have better attendance and the "WestSide" meet most of the time is actually a "NorthSide" meet.

Where I'm moving to is actually considered the northern part of North Central Corridor (Phoenix), not the east side. Yes, you are correct that I am the one who is moving. However, I am also the one who has only missed 3 WS meets over the last 3 years no matter what location it was at so yes, I do feel a little attached to this day/thread.

I guess that maybe it would have been better to not have said anything at all and just slowly started changing locations. I have already accepted the fact that I can't please everyone with location choices. I was just suggesting that maybe we take this opportunity to start something in the Goodyear/Avondale area for further south people like yourself, Bryan, Mike, Dave, and whoever else has wanted to come out to the meets that lived in those areas but didn't want to drive as far north as we usually go.

IDK why, but this has been bothering me all day. I guess that maybe I take this stuff way too seriously. Maybe it's time I take a step back and reevaluate the situation.

I'm open to comments/suggestions.
I knew you weren't purposely trying to come of in a rude way, but you did catch me off guard. Figured you were just tired and needed to vent a little bit, and well, its the internet, its easy to take things the wrong way.

I agree about attendance and I know the further north the meets, the better. My attendance this year is crap. I didn't have a car for 5 weeks, then I started school, and now on the weeks that I don't have school, I am slated to start traveling the entire week. I dont have class over the summer, so that is really my only time to get out every week. Right now, I pretty much only attend It's a Grind, and the occasional Krispy Kreme on the weeks I don't have class...it sucks, but its all I can do.

Changing locations more northward is fine, and I was suggesting to just keep a broad mix of locations. As Joe always says, there will always be another meet closer to your house, so if you don't like the location, just wait until the next meet. That is what I have adopted. Between a hectic schedule and the construction on the 101, I am not excited about driving 45 min in congestion to a meet.

A true west side meet is an idea, but think about the attendance for that! You think it is bad now, a true west side meet when the roster is only 5-6 people will be terrible.

I think I am a terrible candidate to lead any sort of meet!

I understand Chris. I was not happy reading this thread, and it bugged me all day, into today. The meets are my chance to get out and just chill and well I barely have free time anymore, and then reading about basically becoming excluded because the meets will move just sucked!

Originally Posted by xeuxx
I can see why Adam took offense... However, It may be time to break-out a separate west side meet.

Maybe an every other week thing since the attendance won't be spectacular.

Realistically Chris is right about most of the west-side attendance being closer to Northern/Central PHX. Trust me I'm not jumping up and down in excitement about it either Adam.

Thursday may truly end up being the new west-side meets and it may just be 2-3 of us. lol.....
Valid points. I would like to avoid a complete breakout though. If its 2-3 people on a Thursday night, I probably wont bother. Make the major home meets up at 67th or 51/101, but still extend down to the bell rd or thunderbird area once a month. The way things look for me, I will only make it out about once or twice a month, and it seems most of the true west siders only come out a few times at best each month. If the meets are too far away, people just wont go.

Originally Posted by CBR2200
Once a month would be fine.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

I did manage to contradict myself there....lol. Haven't made my way through my whole cup of coffee yet. I am down to try new things and change it up, and see what works. It does bum me out to think that if we split into a north and west meet, I won't see the majority of people anymore. 90% of the "north" people will not come meet at Bell Rd or further south if they have a meet on Monday's in their backyard...
Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 AM

Ill try to make this one today. May have the kid though..

Quick Reply: Monday Night Meet!