Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Monday Night Meet!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The past couple meets have been in the Arrowhead area so I think we'll do It's a Grind Northern this week. Time for me to get my free coffee from that big mouth barista lady.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So no one wanna caravan from the goodyear/avondale area?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kyushin,Nov 18 2009, 05:11 PM
So no one wanna caravan from the goodyear/avondale area?
adrs2k and I usually meet up @ the Walmart on I10 and Estrella around 7pm if you want to meet up with us there.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FastS2k,Nov 18 2009, 07:24 PM
adrs2k and I usually meet up @ the Walmart on I10 and Estrella around 7pm if you want to meet up with us there.
Sounds good!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:15 PM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Didnt get my car back yet, now looks like tomorrow, been a real long drawn out saga. I will have my car tomorrow, so Monday night, 7ish at the Walmart, on the auto care side.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k,Nov 18 2009, 06:15 PM
Didnt get my car back yet, now looks like tomorrow, been a real long drawn out saga. I will have my car tomorrow, so Monday night, 7ish at the Walmart, on the auto care side.
Hey, where did you take your car? I saw a silver AP2 @ a bodyshop right down the street from my warehouse and was wondering if it was yours.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:08 PM

Yea that is my car. Never go there either!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
3en

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the paint still pretty bad?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 AM

No its looking good, but its 10 days later now and I still dont have my car. I went to pick it up yesterday and the front bumper had paint flaking off it. They tried to tell me it was from rock chips etc etc and the bumpers flake like that after awhile. I said, ok thats fine, but 9 days ago when I brought you my car, these were only little chips. The owner was rather quick to say, ok well I will cover this at my expense and repaint this part of the bumper. My suspicion is they did something, like drop the bumper, or buffed over the small rock chips and damaged the bumper. It seemed strange at how quickly the owner jumped from explaining how it "could" have happened to, I'll take care of it. I was disappointed that someone tried to pull something on me, instead of showing me and explaining the situation to me first, rather then waiting to see if I noticed! Another thing was I asked them to rear adhere my spoiler to the trunk. I was on my way to pick up my car Monday, and they called and said, oh uh I noticed that somehow we scratched your trunk while removing/re-attaching your spoiler. The scratch is deep enough that we have to repaint the whole trunk. Then at some point they split the spoiler (which I suppose is easy with FRP) so they had to re-bond the spoiler before putting it back on. That took another 2 days. To me it seems, the end product is good, but it takes way too much work to get there. They keep making unprofessional mistakes, they are bad at calling me back when they say they will. They should not be telling me, your car will be ready at the end of the day. Then I call and am told, tomorrow morning. Then the next day I call and its, well we aren't done, how about tonight. Then tonight it turns into tomorrow. I told them upfront, take your time, I don't care if you have my car for a week, I want it done right the first time, no rush. They say ok, but it seems like they still try to rush, then F*** something up, and have to redo their work. It's pretty bad.

I will say after looking at the car in the sun yesterday, the paint work looked good, and matched. They def got the metallic looking good! It has just been a big deal from the moment the dealer initially scratched my hood. It has been a bit of a snowball effect, and Murphy has definitely been present! All in all, once I get my car, everything should be good, the car is going to look better then it ever has, its just been stressful and very annoying. In the end Earnhardt Honda, and ICC Collision is absorbing almost the entire cost. I am shelling out $300 w/ tax to repaint an entire fender(wrong paint from earlier episode from previous owner) remove 2 dings, re-attach spoiler. In a way I am getting a good deal, but its been a real pain in the a**. At this point I would have been happy with my original chipped hood/bumper, peeling off spoiler, and wrong colored passenger fender. At least then all these incompetent morons wouldn't have touched my poor car!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 AM

Wow. That sucks. Was this Earnhardt's recommended shop?

Quick Reply: Monday Night Meet!