Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

May Group Drive

Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

^ You are ridiculous Mark. You are in these threads almost every day saying this works for me, this doesn't work for me. We get it, your busy, and you prefer tons of planning. It is just not possible.

Late notice??? There is a poll that was opened, and I was out of town last week so I didnt firm up the date. Common sense tells me that if the winning poll date is Sunday May 13th, then that day is the #1 date at the moment for the drive. Sorry if I didnt spell it out and say that whichever poll date has the most votes, that will be the day of the drive. It is certainly implied that the winning date will be the date of the drive.

Ok so the calender of events thread says May 12th. This is not my full time job, and I can't make sure every date across multiple threads is constantly updated. Maybe I should just put TBD for everything. There were no late changes, as there was no exact date. Based on low numbers for the previous 2 drives, a poll was created to work a date around a time that the majority could/can attend.

Besides this event and the Devil's Drive I am not doing any more planning of events.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

I think I may still be able to make this. It seems like my weekends are getting all messed up. Ill leave my name on for now and we will see.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm definitely still able.. I bought the morning/early afternoon time by getting my mom and sister(shes a mom too!) Spa day passes. All I have to worry about is getting back intime for dinner!

Adam.. That was pretty amusing haha.. Thank you for the heat you take on doing these monthly drives, as well as the Devils run. I feel like the poll idea should work as long as there is a common understanding. Dates get posted. Date with most votes are when the drive will be. You can't make it? Hopefully you can join next month .

Infact, maybe you don't have to necessarilly host the event.. Maybe start each month with a thread with 2 polls (is that an option?). A dates poll, and a drive poll.. Let everyone work it out with eachother, so it may be less stress for any one person.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Adam and everyone, I'm not angry. Just a little frustrated but not pissed off at anyone. I'm ok with the 13th winning by one vote so I'll try to adjust my plans and be flexible. I'm used to planning months ahead but that doesn't mean I can't alter the plan. Sometimes I have no trouble changing, others are sometimes not flexible. I'm not upset and I'm looking forward to the day.

Adam, you are doing a great job. Thanks for everything you do.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 AM
gnk

Adam, you do a great job and I hope you are not serious.
That said some others should step up and do some also. Mark has, not talking about him.
I haven't, so put me in the should step it up category.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM

I'm in for the 13th. I called the theater and I'm good to move the tickets to another weekend.

Adam, I hope you stay as part of the planning team. If we get a small planning team to help, then one person isn't stuck with all the work. You've been very busy these last few months, and your efforts are duly noted by everyone.

How does a team of Adam, Roger, Kerry, and me sound to help Adam with the schedule he's proposed for this year? Anyone else is welcome to join, too. Adam is doing a lot for this group and I'd like to help out.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:23 AM
gnk

I'm in. It doesn't need to be that structured, but I'm in. Maybe have a goal number of drives and, more in advance, have somebody volunteer to organize each one of them. This wouldn't prohibit new people from leading drives also, just announce how far in advance we would be looking for organizers to get volunteers.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 PM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Sorry for my rant and all the trouble I started! Sometimes when I read posts, and based on my mood, I tend to explode....

Thank you all for the kind words. I really do enjoy planning these events, just been frustrated by them lately. The low turnouts has bugged me a bit. Nothing I can do about it, just trying to figure out how to increase involvement.

It was always my plan that if I created all the itineraries, more people could/would step up to the plate to organize a meet. So far this year, it has worked, and i hope it continues to work the rest of the year. The calender of events page I started putting names next to drives so people could claim them for organizing. Maybe via pm lets get a group message going and each person select a month and a drive they want to coordinate. So if someone can, please start a group private message, and include the co's as well in it to keep them in the loop...even though they should be the ones planning things Figured I am on a roll today, so I should keep taking jabs! No worries just having fun at their expense.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM

I'm not disappointed with the turn out we've had for March and April. Turnouts like the New Years meet are not expected every month. The two drives were successful, fun and manageable, and I'll bet that if you check with experienced drive leaders, our turnouts for monthly events is right in line with other western states S groups.

More attendance at annual popular events like NY meet and Wake the Devil are much more involved than regular drives. We don't have to be overly formal in organizing the other monthly events. The March drive was done using Adam's route, was flexible in establishing drive dates and as the organizer I scouted out the drive ahead of time, primarily because there was a meal involved, and people had a good time. Except for some car issues, I believe that I can speak for all who went. Everyone had a good time. Having a big crowd every drive is not important. A good drive can be with any number of participants.

Adam, you have done a lot for this group and we all appreciate it. You have stepped up the level of the group to be on par or better than many other S2000 groups in the nation. You are doing a fine job. A few rants are to be expected. You're doing a lot of work. Keep up the good job. People are willing to help.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Organizing can be a frustrating thing, especially when you feel like people don't appreciate it or complain about it. There is a fine line between voicing your concerns and complaining, and depending on your mood, it is easy to get them mixed up. You are doing a good job dealing with it so far.

I'd like to be more involved in the recent group drives, but it's just not in my budget right now. I'll still be out at the weekly meets because It'll only cost me a couple bucks in gas, but all longer drives are reserved for work.

Quick Reply: May Group Drive